Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

its the parents fault

Posted by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 8:51 AM
  • 85 Replies

I asked this quite some time ago in NC and thought this would be a good one to write here.

Do you think can stop a youth from sneaking out of the house? Why or why not?

by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 8:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
skittlebeans88
by Platinum Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 8:51 AM
Alarms and window locks
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lanes_mom0109
by Silver Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 8:53 AM
Easily disabled, I figured it out in no time as a teen

Quoting skittlebeans88:

Alarms and window locks

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brittany208
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 8:54 AM

I had good parents who always knew where I was and who I was with. I pretty much NEVER got in trouble--I was a really good kid. and I still snuck out of the house at night a few times to see my boyfriend. So, no, I don't blame the parents all the time.

MarShy740
Board the windows up lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
atyou
2 moms liked this
I think I can instill moral value in my kids and hope they make the right decisions.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 18, 2012 at 8:56 AM
4 moms liked this

Yes and no. You can't stop it completely but you can make it much more unlikely.

First you raise a kid in a healthy loving environment and foster and open relationship. That  won't always prevent teenage deceptive behavior, but it can lessen it.

Second you institute random bed checks *cough*, I mean kisses when they sleep because they are so adorable and you love them so much you couldn't resist.

Anonymous
I certainly would try but my kids take after their crafty daddy so I'm pretty sure I'm just screwed.
Anonymous
Depends on your house. My parents had a basement with huge windows. I left through those, and they never knew. Lol
Jblaac57
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 8:56 AM

when i lived with my mother i never snuck out. we had a good relationship where i could talk to her about anything (almost too much lol). I never broke curfew..nothing. when i moved in with my extremely strict aunt and grandmother, i snuck out and did everything they "forbid". I will go with a little more stricter approach than my mother but nowhere near my grandmothers...we will see how it turns out lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 18, 2012 at 8:58 AM
It depends on what age we are talking about. If its a toddler then yes its the parents fault. If its a teen and they are determined enough, they will find a way unless you board up their window and padlock their door from the outside.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)