Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I asked this quite some time ago in NC and thought this would be a good one to write here.

Do you think can stop a youth from sneaking out of the house? Why or why not?

by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 8:51 AM
Replies (81-85):
JTROX
by Platinum Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 1:30 PM

my sd always used to sneak out.  her dad worked 3rd.  she would wait until i went to sleep and then leave.  I always fell asleep when i would try to catch her.  one nite i duct taped the back door from the outside.  i then pretended to go to bed and sleep.  it was a nice nite so i left my window open, which was right by the back door.  so funny trying to hear her get out and figure what was wrong with the door.  after awhile i got up and went to her room and said,  "kind of hard to get out tonite?"  Then I went back to bed.  It was funny.  She probably still snuck out after that nite, but it was funny anyways.

Liyoness
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 1:33 PM
It never crossed my mind, either, or that of my group of friends. Our parents all knew all of our friends, there was no banning us from hanging out, thus no reason to sneak around.

Quoting ChicagoMimi:

I never snuck out. The thought never even crossed my mind.

My son has never snuck out, either

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MarShy740
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:35 AM
Hmm true lol

Quoting eliptica24:

fire hazard anyone :P

Quoting MarShy740:

Board the windows up lol

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Lovemyfamilyof8
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:14 AM

I can.... when it comes to that, There will be actual monitoring of my kids, and reprocussins the first time they do something wrong. JMO

MicheleJM
by Ruby Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:16 AM

According to a friend who used to work for CPS; if a child, no matter the age, is determined enough he or she will get out of the house.  So unless you want to make your house a prison....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)