Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I think I made a nice offer and he is being greedy to ask for more~~ I just thought of something

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Me and my ex have a child together, he pays $750 and makes $3600 a month, this is according to the child support enforcement guidelines. We are both married to other people and have other children, I have 4 other children, he has 2 with one on the way.

He called me and told me that he might have a problem with paying his child support for a while because his wife lost her job. She used to be able to work primarily from home, now she can't and with 2 kids at home and one of the way, daycare would be really expensive so, for now at least, she will be staying at home.

I said that I didn't see how that would make a difference in child support because child support is based on what he makes, it has nothing to do with her income. Then he said that his hours will be getting cut at work as well so he will no longer be able to work overtime, well I pointed out that child support isn't based on him working overtime.

He said that he wanted to talk to me first because he was planning on talking to his attorney about getting a child support decreased but wanted to see if I would be willing to make an agreement on our own. I told him that since child support is based on what he is currently making, not overtime and not his wife's income, there is no reason that the judge would lower child support. I know some states will lower child support if the payer has more children but the state I live in does not.

I asked him what kind of break he was looking for and he said he wanted me to give him 6 months to a year off of the child support. I told him that I can't give him that much of a break but I can let him take $150 off per month for the next year and he doesn't have to pay me back until he stops paying child support when she graduated from high school. He told me that I that's not enough. I told him take it or leave it because that is what I can do. He said that am being heartless and that with him about to have 3 kids to support, he is trying to make something work. This pissed me off because apparently, his "way" to support them is to stop supporting our DD.

Added:

I just thought of something while I was typing. I told someone that child support is based on income and percentage of overnights, I had a feeling that I forgot something. I checked my order, child support is based on him having her 6 weeks a year, not 3 (he decided that he only wanted her 3 weeks a year) and yes, the change is in writing. So if he takes me back to court, he is going to owe me more money because he has her less time then the child support order says he does. Granted, it wouldn't be much, probably $45 a month but still, he would look like an ass.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:47 AM
Replies (391-400):
LuvnMyCrew3
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 3:04 PM
1 mom liked this

My S/O pays $796 for one

Quoting Anonymous:

Well holy shit $750 a month for one child? I would never see that kind of money. I should be getting $200 a month for 2 kids. But im not getting a dime right now.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 55 on Nov. 20, 2012 at 3:06 PM
1 mom liked this

That's ridiculous. His wife can work evenings while he watches their kids. Her unemployment is not your problem! He is being a dick!

faerie75
by Silver Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 3:27 PM

well, on teh one hand, the first mom to file always gets the bigger slice of pie. but subsequent kids need to be supported too.

i say this as i am pregnant from my SO and he is paying child support for three with his ex. however we are leaving child support as is. the "hardship" will only come into play if she takes US back.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting faerie75:

they do in my state, its called a hardship. its not a lot though.

Quoting Anonymous:

Wrong. Her kids were there first and no court I've ever worked with takes subsequent children into account. Previous kids, yes, but nit those who come later. Also, any new partner's income is not taken as CS is not her responsibility. So if CS is based on $3600 a month and dad still makes that, he might not be able to get a reduction, because his new wife's loss of income doesn't matter for purposes of CS calculation.

Quoting Anonymous:

He only makes 3600 and has to pay $750?  He needs to go back to court for sure, esspecially since he's got another one of his on the way, they will see that he needs to split his money between more mouths.

I'm not trying to be mean, but the more kids he has the less $$$ you will get.

Hardship! That's hilarious. He's horny ass keeps procreating a nd can't provide for the children he helped make. Stop breeding if you cant provide for your kids. Smdh

lnrmom
by Ruby Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 3:30 PM
1 mom liked this

LOL mine too.... it doubled. BWAHAHAHAHAHA

Quoting a-SiZZLe:

Yeah, that's bullshit. CS doesn't stop b/c he ahs other kids or his wife lost her job. If he is still making the same money w/o overtime it's not really going to change, hell it might raise. My ex tried to do that to me and it back fired, lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 20, 2012 at 3:32 PM

Well he says if I don't let him stop paying for a year, he will take me back to court and according to the guidelines, he should be paying more so if he takes me back to court, it will get raised. I will have no sympathy for him at that point and will expect him to pay every bit of the order plus since he would be the one to file, he would be paying the filing fees.

Quoting lnrmom:

Quoting a-SiZZLe:

Yeah, that's bullshit. CS doesn't stop b/c he ahs other kids or his wife lost her job. If he is still making the same money w/o overtime it's not really going to change, hell it might raise. My ex tried to do that to me and it back fired, lol

lnrmom
by Ruby Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 3:35 PM
1 mom liked this

Then let him tie his own noose.

:)

Quoting Anonymous:

Well he says if I don't let him stop paying for a year, he will take me back to court and according to the guidelines, he should be paying more so if he takes me back to court, it will get raised. I will have no sympathy for him at that point and will expect him to pay every bit of the order plus since he would be the one to file, he would be paying the filing fees.

Quoting lnrmom:

Quoting a-SiZZLe:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 20, 2012 at 3:37 PM

It would be funny in court to show the judge the text msg where I offered a $150 reduction per month for a year when he is already not paying the right amount and he said that it wasn't enough. It will be even funnier to see his face then the judge raises the amount ordered.

Quoting lnrmom:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting lnrmom:

Quoting a-SiZZLe:

lnrmom
by Ruby Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 3:41 PM

It would be funny, but not necessary. Wouldn't have any kind of affect. But I would have it in case he ever said you never try to work with him.

Quoting Anonymous:

It would be funny in court to show the judge the text msg where I offered a $150 reduction per month for a year when he is already not paying the right amount and he said that it wasn't enough. It will be even funnier to see his face then the judge raises the amount ordered.

Quoting lnrmom:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting lnrmom:

Quoting a-SiZZLe:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 20, 2012 at 3:46 PM

It would be good to have them because he will probably try to say that I won't work with him at all and judges don't like to see that so it would be good to be able to prove that I did try.

Quoting lnrmom:

It would be funny, but not necessary. Wouldn't have any kind of affect. But I would have it in case he ever said you never try to work with him.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting lnrmom:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting lnrmom:

Quoting a-SiZZLe:

jessi2girls
by Ruby Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 7:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting jessi2girls:

I'm curious how he pays that much though.. in our state.. one kid is 17%... which would be $612 a month.. (so long as the man doesn't plead poverty!  Then he only has to pay $25 a month!)

It's based on income and the amount of time the NCP has the kid. Some states order $25%, it just depends on the state.

I've heard 25% for two kids.. but not one, but could very well be wrong.. I was just curious how your state does it, because I know they vary by state. 

I still stand by what I said earlier in this post, and that was that you made a very nice offer, and he should have taken it.. he's an ass for offering to pay nothing for 6 months. lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN