Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

"white cooking" vs " black cooking"

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Is there a difference in the way white and black people cook? If so, explain. And which tastes better to you?
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:45 AM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:02 AM
That's more of a southern or old school thing. My grandma fried and cooked with Crisco all the time. We're white and from the north.

Quoting Anonymous:

My best friends ex is black and he always used crisco to cook...but I think it was more of a southern thing than 'black' thing. Everything he cooked was delicious.
CrickettyBoo
by Silver Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:02 AM
2 moms liked this
Idk but my white (Italian) side of the family are HELLA cooks. Generous portions, lots of veggies, lots of herbs, and we use a ton of evoo.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nunyabusiness
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:02 AM
2 moms liked this

Quoting TugBoatMama:

Idk. We once spent Thanksgiving with a black family and they joked about us bringing "white people food". Lol.

I once brought something to my friends dinner with ear family and I was the only white person and her grand,other or aunt yelled that the white girl must have brought this. Lol so apparently there is a differenc3. 

Side note their thanksgiving was AMAZING!!!

carterscutie85
by Queen Bee on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:03 AM
4 moms liked this

I like the way clear people cook.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:03 AM
1 mom liked this

There is a difference. I am mixed black/white, I have favorite dishes from both sides of my family, so I wouldn't say one is better than the other.

MommyChristina1
by Silver Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:03 AM
1 mom liked this
I didn't realize there were cultural differences between the two, but I love me some butter and grease southern cooking!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
CrickettyBoo
by Silver Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:04 AM
Well that lady was rude.

Quoting Nunyabusiness:

Quoting TugBoatMama:

Idk. We once spent Thanksgiving with a black family and they joked about us bringing "white people food". Lol.

I once brought something to my friends dinner with ear family and I was the only white person and her grand,other or aunt yelled that the white girl must have brought this. Lol so apparently there is a differenc3. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nunyabusiness
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:05 AM

No it was a joking manner. I didn't take it as rude at all. :)

Quoting CrickettyBoo:

Well that lady was rude.

Quoting Nunyabusiness:

Quoting TugBoatMama:

hautemama83
by Emerald Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:05 AM
1 mom liked this
I agree.

This whole race and food shit that keeps getting posted is annoying. How someone cooks is an individual thing. Not a race thing.

Quoting caito:

Not necessarily. Anybody is capable recreating a dish if they have the training and time. It doesn't matter what color their skin is. Are we able to tell the skin color of the cooks in our favorite restaurants?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
BabiiYarellie
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:05 AM
1 mom liked this
Hispanic food and soul food... mmmmmmmmm fuck yeah... any black folk around here wanna invite me to thanksgiving dinner?? Its been my dream to eat with a black family who has an awsome grandmother that can cook badass. Lol
Ugh..... I can only wish. :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN