Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

"white cooking" vs " black cooking"

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Is there a difference in the way white and black people cook? If so, explain. And which tastes better to you?
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:45 AM
Replies (51-60):
Ideal_Lady
by Gold Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:06 AM
1 mom liked this
We never used lard growing up and we're black. Our favorite dish was/is curry chicken and rice. I use real butter when I cook. Good cooking isn't a black or white thing.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
anon1986East
by Kali on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:06 AM

That's a good question. I've got some Italians in my family, my great grandmother still lives in Italy and when she comes to visit she does a good amount of the cooking. Most of my family is Irish though, there's not a lot of traditional Irish dishes that I like so out of the two - Italian is far better.

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't know. What white are we talking about cause I eat at this German place and man, it's awesome.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:07 AM
The only black person that cooks for me is an immigrant so she makes a lot of her native dishes when hosting a dinner party.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:09 AM
2 moms liked this
My df is Haitian and the food is awesome but not enough variation. Im white and cook what I like so its the best to me lol. Now in my experience black people taste better ;), uncooked, of course.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:10 AM
Lol

Quoting Anonymous:

My df is Haitian and the food is awesome but not enough variation. Im white and cook what I like so its the best to me lol. Now in my experience black people taste better ;), uncooked, of course.

ihave1
by Platinum Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:11 AM

Why is that?   Because SOME black people cook  what is normally called SOUL FOOD?  

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes, black cooking is typically better imo

(I'm white btw)

Ideal_Lady
by Gold Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:12 AM
A couple a months ago, my white friend invited me over for dinner. She made bake chicken breast. I asked her how'd she cook it. Salt and pepper was all she added. I couldn't finish it but we still joke about it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mom-2-3-Girlz
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:12 AM
2 moms liked this

My bestie is black, and there are definitely things she cooks much better than me because she was raised with that type of food in the house and was taught by people who had been cooking like that all their lives. Then, there are some things I make better for the exact same reason. I don't know if race has much to do with it as much as cultural differences where we were raised...but there is a difference in the way we cook, for sure!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:13 AM
Jerk chicken lol
rissamom224
by Gold Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:13 AM
1 mom liked this
"Black" cooking is very southern.
Big glasses of sweet ice tea, corn bread, breaded then fried chicken, colligreens GRAVY MMM Gravy!
"White" cooking is more baked chicken, baked potatoes, green bean again the list goes on!
Both cultures have some amazing dishes but how'd we forget the Latins!
Throw bean juice on everything please.
I'm hungry now!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN