Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

"white cooking" vs " black cooking"

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Is there a difference in the way white and black people cook? If so, explain. And which tastes better to you?
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:45 AM
Replies (361-367):
nebraskamamaof2
by Chuck on Mar. 2, 2013 at 7:33 PM
I don't get it..
IamMex11
by JorgematoTM on Mar. 2, 2013 at 7:34 PM

I am european, spaniard, african and indian. what does that have to do with anything?  It is those little jokes that internally are truly racist.  lard for black people...butter for white people....you joke but it's not funny.

Quoting KMadsen:

Maybe... 

Quoting Anonymous:

IamMex is probably black.

Quoting KMadsen:

That IamMex girl has zero sense of humor. Shes freaking annoying. I dont how your original comment came out as "racist" lol. 

Quoting LectioDivina:

So If I thought Black people ate peas, and white people ate carrots, would that make me racist too? 

Or is it just the idea that there are categories of eating preferences to be put in the first place that makes you feel like racism is running around in this post....

Quoting IamMex11:

In your mind butter=white lard = black making you = racist

Quoting LectioDivina:

lol, You can't even say which comment I made that was racist can you?....

Ignorance would be if I never saw a Black family use lard instead of butter... I have, they are in my family so It's not exactly racist that I am aware they exist.

Quoting IamMex11:

No, just racist comments and antagonistic ones.

Quoting LectioDivina:

Oh sorry, I wasn't aware there were racist foods and non racist foods...

Quoting IamMex11:

antagonist vs. racist....i'll take antagonist.....

Quoting LectioDivina:

lol Are you in an antagonistic mood? Or did you just come into this group thinking this is how you're supposed to act....

Quoting IamMex11:

sorry for you...................

Quoting LectioDivina:

Good for you...

Quoting IamMex11:

that may be so....but I choose not to SPEW IGNORANCE

Quoting LectioDivina:

Oh give me a break... Absolutely every question in the world that is asking about two cultures or traditions begging an answer encompassing every person in that demographic is going to seem close minded...This was a joke because there is no answer that is true for all.

Quoting IamMex11:

Wow how closed minded of you

Quoting LectioDivina:

Butter vs. Lard?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 56 on Mar. 2, 2013 at 7:37 PM

Race doest determine the taste of food, being able to cook does. Why is there always so many black and white questions when you all know that just makes the ignorant ones have a racialparty

Thelmama
by Ruby Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 7:37 PM

I have been told I cook "black" but really it is just good old southern cooking, passed down in my family for centuries.  I cook less like that now because it isn't healthy to eat so many southern foods that I grew up on. I don't think cooking is race related but where you come from and how your family cooked. Everyone cooked the foods I grew up on. I grew up in Florida, near the Alabama line in the country, one red light town.  It was a way of life, yes at one time both lard and butter were used, depending on the dish. It was the southern way.

LectioDivina
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 8:30 PM

Do you know what backpedaling means?

Or do you just think lard is a lesser ingredient to butter therefore you think I assume black people are of lesser value than white?

Quoting IamMex11:

oh wow, nice back pedal.  

Quoting LectioDivina:

So If I thought Black people ate peas, and white people ate carrots, would that make me racist too? 

Or is it just the idea that there are categories of eating preferences to be put in the first place that makes you feel like racism is running around in this post....

Quoting IamMex11:

Quoting LectioDivina:

Ignorance would be if I never saw a Black family use lard instead of butter... I have, they are in my family so It's not exactly racist that I am aware they exist.

Quoting IamMex11:

Quoting LectioDivina:

Quoting IamMex11:

Quoting LectioDivina:

lol Are you in an antagonistic mood? Or did you just come into this group thinking this is how you're supposed to act....

Quoting IamMex11:

Quoting LectioDivina:

Good for you...

Quoting IamMex11:

Quoting LectioDivina:

Oh give me a break... Absolutely every question in the world that is asking about two cultures or traditions begging an answer encompassing every person in that demographic is going to seem close minded...This was a joke because there is no answer that is true for all.

Quoting IamMex11:

Quoting LectioDivina:

Butter vs. Lard?

IamMex11
by JorgematoTM on Mar. 2, 2013 at 8:42 PM

Yes. And, the latter.

Quoting LectioDivina:

Or do you just think lard is a lesser ingredient to butter therefore you think I assume black people are of lesser value than white?

Quoting IamMex11:

oh wow, nice back pedal.  

Quoting LectioDivina:

Quoting IamMex11:

Quoting LectioDivina:

Quoting IamMex11:

Quoting LectioDivina:

Quoting IamMex11:

Quoting LectioDivina:

Quoting IamMex11:

Quoting LectioDivina:

Good for you...

Quoting IamMex11:

Quoting LectioDivina:

Quoting IamMex11:

Quoting LectioDivina:

Butter vs. Lard?

LectioDivina
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 8:47 PM

Ok.

Well, I'm not trying to backpedal and if you have a direct question on anything in this timeline I have no problem answering it.

I did not at all equate the cost of butter vs. lard into my thoughts on the value of either race. Maybe it's just that the members of my family who are Black live in Oklahoma, so eat everything fried (and It would be REALLY expensive to use butter, I mistakenly thought Crisco was lard) and I live on the west coast so don't usually eat anything fried that made me think this...but again, it was not because of racism that I did.

Quoting IamMex11:

Yes. And, the latter.

Quoting LectioDivina:

Quoting IamMex11:

oh wow, nice back pedal.  

Quoting LectioDivina:

Quoting IamMex11:

Quoting LectioDivina:

Quoting IamMex11:

Quoting LectioDivina:

Quoting IamMex11:

Quoting LectioDivina:

Quoting IamMex11:

Quoting LectioDivina:

Good for you...

Quoting IamMex11:

Quoting LectioDivina:

Quoting IamMex11:

Quoting LectioDivina:

Butter vs. Lard?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN