Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

"white cooking" vs " black cooking"

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Is there a difference in the way white and black people cook? If so, explain. And which tastes better to you?
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:45 AM
Replies (191-200):
alwayskk
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 2:31 PM

I can cook greens like no other.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 29 on Nov. 18, 2012 at 2:32 PM

Im English, we do not start each meal with tea wtf

we do drink tea but not before each meal

Quoting A.B.C.brown07:

Lol. It's more a "cultural" thing, no different than how the French and English start each meal with warm tea.

Black people have a cultural of food which includes certain dishes derived from years ago.

I think it's immature to really classify it as a "black/white" thing

Hispanics, Asians, europeans, Canadians, etc. not to mention "northerners" and "southerners" of America . we all have cultural differences in our food and ways of cooking

ETA: again, not all black people are American heritage and like "soul" food. My family is Guyanese and our cultural dishes are Caribbean (curry, jerk chicken, ox tails, etc)

This is why this argument is silly

wineisfine
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 2:33 PM

I like Italian cooking, so I guess I like white people cooking better.

partyof54me
by β™₯The Show Offβ™₯ on Nov. 18, 2012 at 2:33 PM

I know exactly what you mean. Thank goodness I've got my grandmother's skills in the kitchen. If I didn't we would be going someplace else.

Quoting BabiiYarellie:

If I wanted to I could cook up a soul thanksgiving dinner but it wouldn't be the same. It needs that grandmotherly touch. Lol

Quoting partyof54me:

I'm in the city, but my roots are Southern, and I can cook like a bad mofo in the kitchen. BAM!

Quoting BabiiYarellie:

Hispanic food and soul food... mmmmmmmmm fuck yeah... any black folk around here wanna invite me to thanksgiving dinner?? Its been my dream to eat with a black family who has an awsome grandmother that can cook badass. Lol

Ugh..... I can only wish. :/

Anonymous
by Anonymous 30 on Nov. 18, 2012 at 2:33 PM
Healthy vs greasy
singlemom1208
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 2:35 PM
Idk. Never thought about it. Lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jesusismyfriend
by Platinum Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 2:39 PM
I know what you mean. I lived in fla for 7 years and I insist on chicken being fried in a pan. I was also with a black man and his mom taught me how to cook some food their way. I am white but I can cook both ways.

Quoting bmw29:

I don't know but I prefer southern cooking over all of them. LOL

jesusismyfriend
by Platinum Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 2:40 PM
I moved up here from fla and I was with a black man. I can cook all kinds of ways.

Quoting partyof54me:

I know exactly what you mean. Thank goodness I've got my grandmother's skills in the kitchen. If I didn't we would be going someplace else.

Quoting BabiiYarellie:

If I wanted to I could cook up a soul thanksgiving dinner but it wouldn't be the same. It needs that grandmotherly touch. Lol

Quoting partyof54me:

I'm in the city, but my roots are Southern, and I can cook like a bad mofo in the kitchen. BAM!

Quoting BabiiYarellie:

Hispanic food and soul food... mmmmmmmmm fuck yeah... any black folk around here wanna invite me to thanksgiving dinner?? Its been my dream to eat with a black family who has an awsome grandmother that can cook badass. Lol

Ugh..... I can only wish. :/

jesusismyfriend
by Platinum Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 2:41 PM
Bet I can beat cha.

Quoting alwayskk:

I can cook greens like no other.

GirlWithANikon
by Platinum Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 2:55 PM

Hmm. Oh wow.

Someone black tell me what they're having for dinner ? I'm having spinach meatloaf salad sweet potatoes and some other boring veggies i dont really feel like eating.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN