Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

"white cooking" vs " black cooking"

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Is there a difference in the way white and black people cook? If so, explain. And which tastes better to you?
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:45 AM
Replies (211-220):
livelaughlov26
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:21 PM
1 mom liked this
There is more to it then black and white..... Someone who is black and raised in the south is not going to cook the same as someone from Africa. Or Jamaica. And white.... German? English? Polish? Some might consider Italians white. Being white or black has nothing to do with your cooking abilities.
Youngmother456
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:21 PM
It has to do with culture. Like cooking techniques that originated in China or any other country. But it isnt "black verses white" because
1. White people come from all over so there is French and German (and many others) cooking and they were mostly white.
2. Africa is a big continent and from the Sahara to SA cooking differs
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bellaamore
by Gold Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:22 PM

Actually, lard is very common in spanish food, particularly mexican.

And, im white and dont make anything with a soup. We areborn and raised louisianians, so our food is far from bland. It is some of the best food in the world.

Quoting Anonymous:

white people put cream of soup on everything ickkkk! And their food is bland ( I have some white family)  I like black and spanish food. More flavor...and not lard like someone said.

bellaamore
by Gold Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:23 PM

Quoting mommyof2soon29:

Quoting LectioDivina:

Butter vs. Lard?

Maybe from down South, which wouldnt be a black thing but a Southern thing. Ive been around black people my whole life. My SO of 7 years is black and I have NEVER once seen or heard of any of the black people I know using lard to cook.

Ive never heard of a southerner not using lard (crisco) to fry chicken. Ever,

iheartmiboys
by Silver Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:24 PM

I like Mexican food and southern. My family roots are from the south. 

nelliesmommy
by prettyandpierced on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:25 PM
I just like to eat. lol. My fiance is white and man can he cook some home cooking: greens, cornbread, anything you can name.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:29 PM
Shoot, I'm white, and grew up in the Midwest. My parents cooked with lard.

Quoting bellaamore:

Quoting mommyof2soon29:

Quoting LectioDivina:

Butter vs. Lard?

Maybe from down South, which wouldnt be a black thing but a Southern thing. Ive been around black people my whole life. My SO of 7 years is black and I have NEVER once seen or heard of any of the black people I know using lard to cook.

Ive never heard of a southerner not using lard (crisco) to fry chicken. Ever,

Snapdragon88
by Platinum Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:35 PM
Mmmmmm :)

Quoting TugBoatMama:

Roasted duck and blueberry cobbler :)

Quoting Snapdragon88:

Hahaha :) what was considered white ppl food?

Quoting TugBoatMama:

Idk. We once spent Thanksgiving with a black family and they joked about us bringing "white people food". Lol.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:39 PM

When I'm visiting Uranus, all the food is crappy and nothing tastes good.  Tell me earthling why you are so ignorant and divide your cooking by the way people look?  You need to come to Uranus, because it sounds like that's where you pulled this post out of.....

peggytoo
by Bronze Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 4:19 PM

Some can cook good and some just cant even cook a frozen ready to go meal.   And it will be depend on what your family cooked as you grew up.   I like all kinds of food cooked good.   Race or country dont much matter to me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured