Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

In your opinion, Do Employers laugh when they see "University Of Phoenix online" ....

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
listed on your resume or job app?
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:13 AM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:34 AM

UoP is a big scam school. I can't believe they're still in business. They did a whole 20/20 or Dateline thing on their BSedness years ago!

pampire
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:36 AM

That's good to hear.  I have a few friends that are taking courses thru them!

Quoting piratehooker:

No! Absolutely not. As someone who has hired people, it looks good you went to college.

NikiSellers0806
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:43 AM
I was already planning on transferring at the end of this year, I haven't been happy with my experience at UOPX at all. Our classes are 4 weeks long, I go on campus one night a week and most of the instructors don't take it seriously....our "classes" are a joke. Class is from 6-10 and most of the time we don't do anything but sit there and shoot the shit all night.

Quoting Litlmama87:

Do an online search, and read the reviews from alumni. I would highly suggest transferring.

Quoting NikiSellers0806:

Y'all are scaring me LOL, I attend Phoenix right now and I've already got ALOT of $$ in it. Tuition is almost 10g per year!

Quoting Litlmama87:

That school is like attending Clown College.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:46 AM
Probably not as much as they used to. I hired for my department for years & never had a resume with that on it.
foreveryoung921
by Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:47 AM
1 mom liked this
Me too...for grad school. Did my undergrad at UTD. :-)

Quoting Jess0915:

No clue. I didn't go there. I went to SMU.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xixCandyxix
by Platinum Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:47 AM

Most likely they do. I want to study nursing anyway and you can't do that online so no worries for me..

Sweet0.0Cheeks
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:50 AM

I have 30 credits from UoP and 9k in it. I did not finish the degree because i didn't want to be 20k in debt and nothing to show for it. The classes are ridiculously easy too and I am not very bright. lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:54 AM
I went there, nothing counted, community college is a better bet.
Aydans_Mommy
by Platinum Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:55 AM
That place was a waste of time. I went there for a year and transferred out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
foreveryoung921
by Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:55 AM
1 mom liked this
I simply do not believe that an online school can provide an educational experience comparable to that of attending class at a university. I understand that some people have time constraints, but where there is a will, there is a way. Personally, I wouldn't hire a University of Phoenix online grad because it reflects a distinct lack of drive. No offense intended to anyone.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)