Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

In your opinion, Do Employers laugh when they see "University Of Phoenix online" ....

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
listed on your resume or job app?
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:13 AM
Replies (11-20):
Litlmama87
by Platinum Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:18 AM
4 moms liked this
That school is like attending Clown College.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AutymsMommy
by Platinum Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:18 AM

I asked my husband. He said:

"Laugh? No... but pitted against applicants from other colleges, the UofP candidate is very unlikely to get the job."

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Academic pushing Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosey, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it raising my child. I believe that my "place" is in the home caring for my husband and children. My husband is head of our home and I *love* my life! (just getting the controversial stuff out of the way!)             Aimee

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:19 AM
I don't think they laugh, but I don't think it would be taken as seriously as a physical college's degree.

So, it could give you a leg up for a promotion, or above other candidates who don't have degrees, but most likely it won't be looked at in the same way as a regular degree.
NikiSellers0806
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:20 AM
Really? Why? I go there now but I'm doing the program where I have to go on campus one night a week for class. I'm not really a fan of Phoenix and have seriously been considering transferring to a local school....its way overpriced and not at all what I expected:/

Quoting LamiavitaDivina:

Yes.. :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Matriarch87
by Ruby Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:21 AM
3 moms liked this
My brother is a higher up at wells fargo. His advice is to go with a less common online school. He said if people picked colleges that were not obviously done online employers would never know. It isnt as if employers ask, "now is this university a brick made school or online?". So pick out a good fully legit online college but one that is less commercialized. No one will ask and you will be treated equally.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
NikiSellers0806
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:23 AM
Y'all are scaring me LOL, I attend Phoenix right now and I've already got ALOT of $$ in it. Tuition is almost 10g per year!

Quoting Litlmama87:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
klmommy426
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:23 AM

For most fields, yes, they do.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:24 AM
great advice thanks. I was debating on getting a Administrative/Executive Assistant Certificate at my local College.

Quoting Matriarch87:

My brother is a higher up at wells fargo. His advice is to go with a less common online school. He said if people picked colleges that were not obviously done online employers would never know. It isnt as if employers ask, "now is this university a brick made school or online?". So pick out a good fully legit online college but one that is less commercialized. No one will ask and you will be treated equally.
babie113
by Ruby Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:24 AM
Probably
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:25 AM
:( Wow! My local CC is about $3000 yearly

Quoting NikiSellers0806:

Y'all are scaring me LOL, I attend Phoenix right now and I've already got ALOT of $$ in it. Tuition is almost 10g per year!

Quoting Litlmama87:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)