Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

In your opinion, Do Employers laugh when they see "University Of Phoenix online" ....

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
listed on your resume or job app?
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:13 AM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:56 AM
or what about any online college?! Would a job hire some one if they have a "online college degree"?
Refurbished
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:56 AM
2 moms liked this

UOP is really overpriced for an online degree.  All it tells your employer is that you don't manage money well, didn't qualify for a better school and convenience is a big priority in your life (and will probably continue to be well after you are employed). 

Crashly
by Ashley on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:57 AM
Yep
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
quickbooksworm
by Ruby Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:58 AM
Don't know... but it's very expensive and if you get a degree at a local college or university through online classes your degree will not differentiate.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:58 AM

I was an employer and I never laughed at anyone who tried to further their education. 

ripemango
by Platinum Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 12:00 PM

laugh, no.

choose another candidate who got their online degree through an accredited 'real' university, yes. If you get a degree through a 'regular' university your diploma in no way indicated the courses were taken online.

I don't know where the sunbeams end and the starlights begin; it's all a mystery.

foreveryoung921
by Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 12:08 PM
I agree, but University of Phoenix online is basically a diploma mill. I think a diploma from UPO is worse than no diploma at all. I wouldn't hire a person who buys a diploma.

Quoting brettsmomma:

I was an employer and I never laughed at anyone who tried to further their education. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jess0915
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 12:29 PM

Oh ya! I remember that now! I do remember when my dh was looking at schools a few years ago he found out that UoP online was not fully accredited and most of the credits were not transferable. From what I'm reading, nothing has changed.

Quoting Anonymous:

UoP is a big scam school. I can't believe they're still in business. They did a whole 20/20 or Dateline thing on their BSedness years ago!

-ZombieGirl-
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 12:32 PM

From the people I know, yeah. 

Jess0915
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 12:32 PM

I was thinking this too, but didn't want to say it. Lol. I worked hard to work full time and take a full class load. It can be done!

Quoting foreveryoung921:

I simply do not believe that an online school can provide an educational experience comparable to that of attending class at a university. I understand that some people have time constraints, but where there is a will, there is a way. Personally, I wouldn't hire a University of Phoenix online grad because it reflects a distinct lack of drive. No offense intended to anyone.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)