Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How Often Do You Wash Your Pillows?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 29 Replies

Bed pillows, that is?

They say you should wash them twice a year. This is the first time I have washed mine and I have had them for a little less than a year.

My son peed on my bed last night and managed to get pee on my pillows..all 4 of them. Smh lol.

So in the wash they go..and yes I had to look up online how to do it haha. The manufacterer's instructions did not say to rinse twice but a website I went to said to rinse them twice to get all the soap out so that is what I am doing.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:42 AM
1 mom liked this
Never - I usually buy new ones every year.
lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:42 AM

Never I havd down feather pillows in those protected covers then in pillow cases.

MichelleSw
by CoolStory on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:42 AM

I actually wash them monthly. I wash my bedding twiice a month and once the pillows get washed as well. I can't stand my stuff smelling like SO lol He doesn't smell bad, its just annoying.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:44 AM

Unfortunately I can't do feather pillows. After a while my face breaks out in a rash from them. Kinda weird, I can have a down coat and be fine, just not pillows.

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

Never I havd down feather pillows in those protected covers then in pillow cases.

Pnukey
by Jenn on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:45 AM
1 mom liked this

Never. They get all lumpy and terrible. I just buy the cheap-o $3 pillows and replace them, as needed.

quickbooksworm
by Ruby Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:46 AM
1 mom liked this
I don't. My pillows get all lumpy and weird when I try. My son is asthmatic and I just replace them 2-3 times per year.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
crazysheep
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:46 AM
Pillows are about twice a month. Bedding is every week.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrs.pina
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:47 AM
Once aweek i wash every mondays so everything and i mean everything that is washable gets washed . (even all my kids plush toys)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brightonsmom12
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:47 AM

Never we just replace them. Besides the last time I washed ours they came out funny. 

almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:48 AM
I wash mine every time I wash sheets. I put them in the dryer & they turn out fine.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)