Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I don't believe in modesty.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 34 Replies
I don't think dressing a certain way means you respect or disrespect your body.
Saying the guys will look at girls sexually is IMO victim blaming.
I think people should be able to show off their bodies without being called a slut or a whore. Not all girls do it for attention some girls just like the way their body looks
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 18, 2012 at 12:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 12:39 PM

thats cool for you. Me if prefer to not show all the goods. I think there is a time and place for certain clothes. I also believe even if you have a killer body there comes and age where its appropriate to cover it. Not syaing ya need to wear turtle necks and floor lenght skirts.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 18, 2012 at 12:41 PM
Personally for the most part I do dress modestly. I do have some lower cut shirts that wouldn't look so revealing if my boobs were a tad smaller. I just don't care if other people dress revealing.

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

thats cool for you. Me if prefer to not show all the goods. I think there is a time and place for certain clothes. I also believe even if you have a killer body there comes and age where its appropriate to cover it. Not syaing ya need to wear turtle necks and floor lenght skirts.

TexanMomOf6
by Platinum Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 12:43 PM

I would prefer a certain amount of coverage because I would rather not see everything you have. I don't put  vulgar or racist words on my t-shirts. I think it's more a matter of respect than modesty.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 18, 2012 at 12:44 PM
1 mom liked this
I have a pretty nice body but I prefer to only show it off to my husband. He's the only one who needs to see it. I don't have any reason or need to dress provocatively in public. I think it's kind of gross when other women do it.
Snapdragon88
by Ruby Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 12:45 PM
2 moms liked this
That doesn't make a lot of sense to me. If a woman wears minimal clothing because she likes the way her body looks... she's looking for attention from somewhere. I love my body, but I dress respectable.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AutymsMommy
by Platinum Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 12:45 PM
2 moms liked this

You don't "believe" in it? Lol. Well, it exists, I can tell you that.

Especially in this house :)

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Academic pushing Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosey, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it raising my child. I believe that my "place" is in the home caring for my husband and children. My husband is head of our home and I *love* my life! (just getting the controversial stuff out of the way!)             Aimee

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 18, 2012 at 12:46 PM

On the flip side, dressing modest doesn't mean someone shoud be put down or called names either. And is certainly doesn't mean they don't like how their body looks.

bluedolly01
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 12:51 PM
1 mom liked this
We have a saying in our house "if its not for sale, don't put it in the window"
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pink.Frosting
I know I sound like a scrooge, but I'm so ready for Christmas to be over this year. Our poor tree is haggard looking from being attacked by cats. I just want it *down* and to have my living room back to *normal.* Bah Humbug...
Yesterday at 12:35 PM
by Ruby Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 12:53 PM

Perhaps being immodest isn't a bid for unwanted attention by some but the problem is that it can still result in just that.  Call it blaming the victim or not but if the results are someone gets assaulted or raped they have still been assaulted or raped regardless of if someone wants to blame the victim or not.  I think a little common sense goes a long way in the way a person presents themselves.  No, it will not stop every instance of assault, but why chance buying trouble if you don't have to?

As far as self respect, sometimes it's not so much yourself the respect is aimed at as it is the general public.  If someone wants to walk around with everything hanging out simply because that's what they want and they have the right to, fine but that doesn't make it the respectable thing to do.  Everyone who passes that person on the street doesn't want to have to deal with seeing too much of their goods.

Beautiful31mom
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 1:03 PM

We very much believe in modesty in our home our sons advert their eyes when they see a woman dressed immodestly. We do not want our boys to be raised thinking women are sex objects and that women should be respected. 

Daisypath Thanksgiving tickers

"Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever." -Psalm 107:1
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN