Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I don't believe in modesty.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I don't think dressing a certain way means you respect or disrespect your body.
Saying the guys will look at girls sexually is IMO victim blaming.
I think people should be able to show off their bodies without being called a slut or a whore. Not all girls do it for attention some girls just like the way their body looks
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 18, 2012 at 12:36 PM
Replies (21-30):
LovelyMommy24
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 1:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Well, looks like you have a few more years of maturing. It does effect the way people perceive you. 

livelaughlov26
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 1:16 PM
I don't care if a woman is sexy and fit or obese. No woman should walk.around looking like a streetwalker. I obviously can't control what other people do. But I don't want some random man staring at my half naked body.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 18, 2012 at 1:17 PM
I wish I wore more of the outfits I always wanted to wear before I had my dd. Ex. Bikini top with jeans to a party or show my tummy more. Now, I'm not sure if my belly will be good enough for my personal standards. I don't think, "I'll get so much attention." It's more about loving fashion and enjoying my beauty. But, that doesn't mean I like a trashy style. A girl has to know how to put together an outfit that fits her figure and looks good no matter where the clothes came from. If more women dressed 'daring' and stylish without acting slutty maybe men would get used to it.
Schleetle
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 1:18 PM
I love my body, but I don't feel the need to show it off. I don't put any blame on rape victims, no one deserves to be violated. I do believe in personal modesty, but it's my choice.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 18, 2012 at 1:21 PM
Spoken like a ture Whore! Get a bible and then get to church your occupation must be prostitue or stripper or maybe a film star who has sex on tv pronographer!!pervert God has a special place for you unlrss ypu repent!
.ChiMama.
by Gold Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 1:25 PM
That's a tad harsh no? I "believe" in modesty and also try to keep my kids from seeing all that. I'm all for sexiness in private but really I don't want oogle your goodies in the street and some people are really confident and wear shit they shouldn't. Just because you like dressing that say doesn't mean we all want to see it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Spoken like a ture Whore! Get a bible and then get to church your occupation must be prostitue or stripper or maybe a film star who has sex on tv pronographer!!pervert God has a special place for you unlrss ypu repent!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 18, 2012 at 1:56 PM
Nope I see SLUT written all over this post..

Quoting .ChiMama.:

That's a tad harsh no? I "believe" in modesty and also try to keep my kids from seeing all that. I'm all for sexiness in private but really I don't want oogle your goodies in the street and some people are really confident and wear shit they shouldn't. Just because you like dressing that say doesn't mean we all want to see it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 18, 2012 at 2:22 PM

If a woman chooses to dress that way, then what is she a victim of exactly? Being ogled at? I see no mention of rape in the op so I imagine you mean men checking her out would make her a victim of some kind. Stupidest thing I have read all day. Lol that isn't even a legit crime to be a victim of. Women don't dress that way when don't want anyone to see. This is a ludicrous argument.

uriahadel
by Platinum Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 2:23 PM
I disagree but to each their own
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sugareemommee
by Platinum Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 2:25 PM

I don't really agree.  I'm not of the logic that a woman is "asking for it:" by the way she dresses, but I do believe in modesty -- I see it as respecting YOURSELF

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)