Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I feel like I'm not doing enough EDITED

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I feel like I am not doing enough for my nephew for Christmas. So far I have gotten him an MP3 player and a cord to plug it into his radio so he can listen to his songs at night if he wants. I plan to buy him one of those hoodies that has the ear phones built in, a necklace he wants, stuff for a stocking and a video game. I just feel like that isn't enough :(

EDIT::: He is18 and has never had a Christmas. His mom left when he was younger and his dad abused him since he was little which includes taking everything anyone ever got him for Christmas or birthdays. One year we gave him a football and he popped it because he went outside to play with it. He just moved in with us and so I want to make a big deal out of this Christmas for him and his birthday this year

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 18, 2012 at 1:16 PM
Replies (21-25):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:10 PM

I think that is plenty. He is going to be so excited to just be able to have a real Christmas that the presents are going to be a bonus for him. Since you said he was joining the Army, for Christmas or his birthday, you guys should look into getting him a tablet of some sort (preferably one with a camera so you guys can skype with him). My dh and I are military and they are a life safer when we travel and are away from family. Just a suggestion. What you are doing for him is great. 

reindeer 1reindeer 2sleigh

motherslove82
by Ruby Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:13 PM
Do you have the money to do more? Are you just looking for ideas? Or have you maxed your budget and feel bad for not getting him more?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
armstrong7984
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:17 PM

christmas isnt all about gifts. my dh's family was poor and still till this day its not about gifts to him its about giving and family.

nanaluvspumkin
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:22 PM

To make it "look like more" wrap the little things you are putting in his stocking, this gives the illusion of more gifts.  Absolutely I agree with everyone else it is not about material things but I understand where you are coming from, it's great that you care so much! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:35 PM

I have money so if I find more idea but I am not going to blow money just to be blowing it. I am lost for what else to get him

Quoting motherslove82:

Do you have the money to do more? Are you just looking for ideas? Or have you maxed your budget and feel bad for not getting him more?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)