Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Cheap presents for a 2 yr old girl??

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 28 Replies
My sister is having a really rough year financially. She lost her job and she is 8 month preg. Her dh works for $10/hr so he barley brings home enough to pay the bills. She has a 2 yr old dd that won't be getting any Christmas and I just can't let my niece go without anything for Christmas but I don't have a lot to get her anything. Does anyone have any ideas that a something small/cheap that a 2 yr old girl would like? I only have a boy so I have no clue what to get a girl especially her age. I need some help please?
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 18, 2012 at 1:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
manda-nicole010
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 1:29 PM

My daughter is almost two and we are getting her a couple of books. They aren't expensive, especially online at walmart.com. There are always dollar toys as well. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 18, 2012 at 1:30 PM

Crayons,coloring books,paper dolls,snack stuff,hair clips.There is a lot at Dollar Tree and even 5 Below!

Schleetle
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 1:31 PM
My 2 year old loves Strawberry Shortcake, my little pony, pretend tea party, dress up, etc... ToysRus has a lot of good coupons right now. The strawberry shortcake, MLP, and littlest pet shop dolls/play sets are buy one get one free with e-coupon, and they start in price from around $8. My daughter loves the SS garden pretty dolls you can two of them for around $11 with the coupon.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SamiJ18
by Platinum Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 1:32 PM

Go to Dollar Tree!  Bubble bath, magic washcloths, stuffed animals, coloring books, princess crayons and some puzzles.

The_Doodle
by Platinum Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 1:32 PM

My daughter is two and this is some of the cheaper items we got her (all are 20 bucks or  under):

-a basic percussion instrument set: drum, maraccas, etc

-a jewelry box with some elastic bracelets and necklaces (there is a Cinderella box that looks like the pumpkin carriage that is 20 dollars and comes with a necklace)

-tiaras! Those can be as cheap as 7 bucks

-tutus or dresses for dress up play

-If you are near a Disney store, they always have small items all over the place that are pretty cheap and cute things. 

SamiJ18
by Platinum Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 1:33 PM

And of course, you can find a cheap, pretty doll at Walmart!

Or get her one of those princess dress up sets from Family Dollar.

sugareemommee
by Ruby Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 1:33 PM

Grab a bunch of little things at Dollar Tree or 5 Below!

JTROX
by Platinum Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 1:33 PM

My gd just turned 2.  She loves board books and coloring.  She loves minnie mouse and dora so we got her coloring books of both and chunky crayons.  She loved them.  

ShellGardner
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 1:33 PM
http://m.target.com/p/step-2-create-play-kitchen/-/A-14171590
Only 75 bucks and it will seem like the world to her :) I loved my kitchen as a little girl.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sugareemommee
by Ruby Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 1:34 PM

oh K-Mart has the generic toys (forget the brand) and they have little cooking sets and dolls for 10 bucks or less.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN