Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Cheap presents for a 2 yr old girl??

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
My sister is having a really rough year financially. She lost her job and she is 8 month preg. Her dh works for $10/hr so he barley brings home enough to pay the bills. She has a 2 yr old dd that won't be getting any Christmas and I just can't let my niece go without anything for Christmas but I don't have a lot to get her anything. Does anyone have any ideas that a something small/cheap that a 2 yr old girl would like? I only have a boy so I have no clue what to get a girl especially her age. I need some help please?
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 18, 2012 at 1:28 PM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 18, 2012 at 1:34 PM
Go to the dollar store or dollar tree. There's cooling books, little toys, dolls, stuffed animals. She's 2, I think she would be happy with Anthhing as long as "Santa comes."

rnmom4lif
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 1:35 PM

make her a tutu and a magic wand or a cute dress up costume for like a princess or something. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 18, 2012 at 1:35 PM

Coloring books, crayons, Bath soaps, Dollar Tree has tons of things.

That is great you are getting her something.

Meghan6391
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 1:35 PM
Go to the dollar tree they have princess dress up clothes and shoes and you can also get the kids makeup and craft things, books, toys you name it they have it and at 2 she won't know the difference
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 18, 2012 at 1:36 PM

Coloring book and crayons, a baby doll I'm pretty sure you can find one at the family dollar for like 5 dollars, balls, books. 

rnmom4lif
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 1:36 PM

dollar tree or dollar store is a good idea too. that prolly the cheapest way to get gifts. and serisly- u could even get a big cardboard box and make a little house for her- shed prolly be thrilled. at 2 they arent hard to please.

Quoting Anonymous:

Go to the dollar store or dollar tree. There's cooling books, little toys, dolls, stuffed animals. She's 2, I think she would be happy with Anthhing as long as "Santa comes."

othermom
by Ruby Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 1:37 PM

A doll, blocks, puzzle, books, coloring books, crayons, play doh, and things like that.  Tons of nice things at the dollar store or walmart for cheap

rnmom4lif
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 1:37 PM

bubbles, crayons, u can make ure own paints or playdough. (u can goggle the recipe) 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 18, 2012 at 1:37 PM

Target has a 3$ section for the Holday season (right up front with the 1$ stuff). They actually have really cute toys and craft stuff for younger kids.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 18, 2012 at 1:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Go to Walgreens. They have a HUGE toy section around the holidays and they have toys that are $6.99 each and buy 2 get 1 free, so for $13.98 you get 3 toys. Its not all crap, they have Disney Princess backpacks with art supplies in them, Barbies, art sets, tea sets, etc., in the buy 2 get 1 toy section. You could totally get her 6 awesome (enough) presents for under $30!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)