Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

DH is jealous

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 36 Replies

my hubby gets upset with me because i co-sleep with my dd. shes 6mo and i see nothing wrong with it. im EBF so its easiest to have her right next to me since she wakes up every 2-4 hours. has anyone else co-slept with their LO and had their husbands get upset

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 18, 2012 at 2:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jnw2992
by Silver Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 2:45 PM
1 mom liked this

BUMP! I love co-sleeping

brittany208
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 2:48 PM

I only did for the first two weeks or so. I didn't plan on it ahead of time, but we fell asleep together at the hospital and it just felt so right :)

Then he slept in the crib by my side of the bed til 3 months, when he moved in his own room. I cried, DH said "We can keep him in with us longer..." but we didnt and I could tell DH was glad.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 18, 2012 at 2:52 PM

Its not like we dont have sex every night almost i put her in her crib from 8 till usually 12 when she wakes up by then were done and falling asleep so i see no reason she needs to go back into her room

Quoting brittany208:

I only did for the first two weeks or so. I didn't plan on it ahead of time, but we fell asleep together at the hospital and it just felt so right :)

Then he slept in the crib by my side of the bed til 3 months, when he moved in his own room. I cried, DH said "We can keep him in with us longer..." but we didnt and I could tell DH was glad.

xtwistedxlovex
by Platinum Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 2:55 PM
Nah, DF saw the sense in it. He eventually got tired of elbows and knees to the ribs while he was trying to sleep, but so was I. Now that DS sleeps in his own room/bed DF has admitted to missing cosleeping at times.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 18, 2012 at 2:57 PM
Nope. Dh actually encouraged it. He likes ds sleeping with us.
ivy801
by Gold Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 2:57 PM

I co sleeped with mine and hubby never complained, but I missed him a lot. She's still in my bed cause she is scare of her room and hubby told me not to put her back in there. I'm hoping to get my bed and husband back one day.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 18, 2012 at 2:59 PM
Hopefully you all can compromise but be considerate of his feelings also. Seems like you are only concerned about what's easier for you. Sometimes that's all the hubby wants. Just to be heard and feel like they matter.
melakay1981
by Platinum Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 2:59 PM
1 mom liked this

Me and my husband agreed when I was pregnant with our daughter that she would be sleeping in her own bed, same thing when I got pregnant with our son.  We like our alone time after they go to sleep.  I am not putting parents down who do co sleep, it was just not right for us.  They are 10 and 6 and I do not regret it at all.  They have always been great sleepers.

brittany208
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:00 PM

He probably just feels like he's taking a backseat to the baby. Is this your first? Some men have trouble with the change.

Quoting Anonymous:

Its not like we dont have sex every night almost i put her in her crib from 8 till usually 12 when she wakes up by then were done and falling asleep so i see no reason she needs to go back into her room

Quoting brittany208:

AutymsMommy
by Platinum Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:00 PM
1 mom liked this

I think his feelings should be taken into consideration.

He was your husband before she was born; she is your child BECAUSE he is your husband. I'm aware my opinion isn't popular though.

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Academic pushing Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosey, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it raising my child. I believe that my "place" is in the home caring for my husband and children. My husband is head of our home and I *love* my life! (just getting the controversial stuff out of the way!)             Aimee

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)