Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What do you think of these baby boy names??

Posted by   + Show Post

These are my ideas at the moment. Currently 17 weeks pregnant with my first. A BOY :) 

-William Aleksander Hendrix Garza

-Aleksander William Hendrix Garza

-Hendrix Aleksander Garza

-Jakob Aleksander Hendrix Garza

-Noah Aleksander Garza

-Noah William Hendrix Garza

Different formations of those names. I'm unsure. The ONLY thing I dislike about William, is him being called "Will"  

Thank you!!! 

I prefer a 4 part name. I do want it to be unique at the same time. I think these names together are rather unique. 

by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 2:44 PM
Replies (21-30):
xomrs.chase
by Ruby Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 2:55 PM
I like William Aleksander
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kblossom20
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 2:59 PM

Grrr it's a shame how stupid people can be to mispronounce your middle name! It's obvious! I don't want to have to take into account peoples stupidity when naming my first baby.... Lol but that's just the way it is I guess. My little brother's middle name is Jakob.... Nobody has had a problem pronouncing it that I know of though. DF isn't a fan of the 4 part name idea.... So who knows, it may end up just being the 3. I love Aleksander too :) I guess his nickname would be Alek though and I'm not sure if I really like that. I'm the most indecisive person. This is gonna be HARD! :0

Quoting MajorsMom8215:

My middle is named Jakob (pronounced just like Jacob) and it's absolutely annoying.. I don't suggest it unless you're prepared to have him called Jakobe, Jakobie, or Yakob and repeatedly say "Jakob with a K" ... I am very partial to Aleksander for a first name... it was runner up with my youngest son. Personally I like a couple variations:

Hendrix Aleksander
Noah Hendrix
Aleksander Noah

I think, considering how long your name choices are, syllable and spelling, you should stick with only one middle name. Four doesn't have as nice of a flow, and is going to be quite tough for your son to learn them all. Let us know what you pick!

kblossom20
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:05 PM

BUMP!

MajorsMom8215
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:06 PM

I love the name Alek, especially more than Alex. If I'm honest though, part of why I liked it was so I could have a matching set... My oldest is Major so I would've had Major Pain and Smart Alek  lmao ... Seriously, though... ask your brother.. I'm sure he's had plenty of mispronunciations with it. It drives me crazy. Unfortunately you definitely need to keep in mind mistakes people might make saying it, nicknames, initials (note that Hendrix Alexander's would be HAG which sucks, but not as bad as my husband's which is FAT)  and mean nicknames kids could make up for them (I liked Bastian for a name but realized kids might call him Bastard Bastian or something ridiculous like that...)

Mine are: Joshua Major (goes by Major)   Jakob Isaiah  and Leo Sebastian

Quoting kblossom20:

Grrr it's a shame how stupid people can be to mispronounce your middle name! It's obvious! I don't want to have to take into account peoples stupidity when naming my first baby.... Lol but that's just the way it is I guess. My little brother's middle name is Jakob.... Nobody has had a problem pronouncing it that I know of though. DF isn't a fan of the 4 part name idea.... So who knows, it may end up just being the 3. I love Aleksander too :) I guess his nickname would be Alek though and I'm not sure if I really like that. I'm the most indecisive person. This is gonna be HARD! :0

Quoting MajorsMom8215:

My middle is named Jakob (pronounced just like Jacob) and it's absolutely annoying.. I don't suggest it unless you're prepared to have him called Jakobe, Jakobie, or Yakob and repeatedly say "Jakob with a K" ... I am very partial to Aleksander for a first name... it was runner up with my youngest son. Personally I like a couple variations:

Hendrix Aleksander
Noah Hendrix
Aleksander Noah

I think, considering how long your name choices are, syllable and spelling, you should stick with only one middle name. Four doesn't have as nice of a flow, and is going to be quite tough for your son to learn them all. Let us know what you pick!

RobinBright
by Ruby Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:07 PM
Noah Alexander or William Alexander. Not a fan of Hendrix.
KeimUNCmomof3
by Gold Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:08 PM
1 mom liked this

Seems like you want a really long name, so how about Noah Jakob Hendrix Garza :)  I know it's not one of the choices, just thought I'd be creative mixing it around.

LovelyMommy24
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:08 PM

Hendrix or Noah Alexander

mich.el.le
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:09 PM

Too long for the most part, imo.  I don't mind the names individually though.

The woman in the avi pic is not me, she is my inspiration.  I am a wife, a mother, and an aspiring trainer and nutritionist. I love seeing people get fit and healthy to lead the lives they are meant to live.

1L2CMommy
by Silver Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:09 PM
Since you asked...Aleksander sounds pretentious. Unless you currently live in Russia, you DS will be living in Russia for some time, or you have recently moved somewhere from Russia. The nickname Aleck is horrible! I keep thinking of Judd Nelsons character in The Breakfast Club. It sounds like a very 80's name. Might as well call him Shad.
I like Noah the best, but William sounds like a strong name too. I do like Will as a nickname. I don't think it's overdone, and all the men I have known named Will have been wealthy. Bill and Billy are yuck! And Liam is way over used right now.
Hendrix is ok if you have to have something weird.
4 names is pretentious also, and a pain in the ass for everyone, mostly you DS.
So first choice would be, Noah Hendrix Garza...kinda cool, and good flow.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:10 PM

Like the names, just not the spelling of them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)