Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do you think of these baby boy names??

Posted by   + Show Post

These are my ideas at the moment. Currently 17 weeks pregnant with my first. A BOY :) 

-William Aleksander Hendrix Garza

-Aleksander William Hendrix Garza

-Hendrix Aleksander Garza

-Jakob Aleksander Hendrix Garza

-Noah Aleksander Garza

-Noah William Hendrix Garza

Different formations of those names. I'm unsure. The ONLY thing I dislike about William, is him being called "Will"  

Thank you!!! 

I prefer a 4 part name. I do want it to be unique at the same time. I think these names together are rather unique. 

by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 2:44 PM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:10 PM
The second one
keriley1
by Silver Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:11 PM

I like Hendrix Aleksander.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:11 PM
I have a Noah!! So there's my vote.

My boys are Nolan Ryan and Noah Riley
KyrinM
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Well I like two, but hate the spelling.  Jacob Alexander would be okay, and Noah Alexander.  Spelling with K's though, no.

kblossom20
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:17 PM

I love your name choices! They're unique, but not weird or "too much" right up my alley! 

Quoting MajorsMom8215:

I love the name Alek, especially more than Alex. If I'm honest though, part of why I liked it was so I could have a matching set... My oldest is Major so I would've had Major Pain and Smart Alek  lmao ... Seriously, though... ask your brother.. I'm sure he's had plenty of mispronunciations with it. It drives me crazy. Unfortunately you definitely need to keep in mind mistakes people might make saying it, nicknames, initials (note that Hendrix Alexander's would be HAG which sucks, but not as bad as my husband's which is FAT)  and mean nicknames kids could make up for them (I liked Bastian for a name but realized kids might call him Bastard Bastian or something ridiculous like that...)

Mine are: Joshua Major (goes by Major)   Jakob Isaiah  and Leo Sebastian

Quoting kblossom20:

Grrr it's a shame how stupid people can be to mispronounce your middle name! It's obvious! I don't want to have to take into account peoples stupidity when naming my first baby.... Lol but that's just the way it is I guess. My little brother's middle name is Jakob.... Nobody has had a problem pronouncing it that I know of though. DF isn't a fan of the 4 part name idea.... So who knows, it may end up just being the 3. I love Aleksander too :) I guess his nickname would be Alek though and I'm not sure if I really like that. I'm the most indecisive person. This is gonna be HARD! :0

Quoting MajorsMom8215:

My middle is named Jakob (pronounced just like Jacob) and it's absolutely annoying.. I don't suggest it unless you're prepared to have him called Jakobe, Jakobie, or Yakob and repeatedly say "Jakob with a K" ... I am very partial to Aleksander for a first name... it was runner up with my youngest son. Personally I like a couple variations:

Hendrix Aleksander
Noah Hendrix
Aleksander Noah

I think, considering how long your name choices are, syllable and spelling, you should stick with only one middle name. Four doesn't have as nice of a flow, and is going to be quite tough for your son to learn them all. Let us know what you pick!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:18 PM
I'm not really a fan of any so I can't say I like one more than the other.
kblossom20
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:19 PM

I also LOVE the name Aldous.... After one of my favorite authors, Aldous Huxley.... However, I had a dog for 2 weeks which I named Aldous. Would it be awful of me to consider it a name for my son? I mean.... I only had the dog for 2 weeks. Lol

Quoting kblossom20:

I love your name choices! They're unique, but not weird or "too much" right up my alley! 

Quoting MajorsMom8215:

I love the name Alek, especially more than Alex. If I'm honest though, part of why I liked it was so I could have a matching set... My oldest is Major so I would've had Major Pain and Smart Alek  lmao ... Seriously, though... ask your brother.. I'm sure he's had plenty of mispronunciations with it. It drives me crazy. Unfortunately you definitely need to keep in mind mistakes people might make saying it, nicknames, initials (note that Hendrix Alexander's would be HAG which sucks, but not as bad as my husband's which is FAT)  and mean nicknames kids could make up for them (I liked Bastian for a name but realized kids might call him Bastard Bastian or something ridiculous like that...)

Mine are: Joshua Major (goes by Major)   Jakob Isaiah  and Leo Sebastian

Quoting kblossom20:

Grrr it's a shame how stupid people can be to mispronounce your middle name! It's obvious! I don't want to have to take into account peoples stupidity when naming my first baby.... Lol but that's just the way it is I guess. My little brother's middle name is Jakob.... Nobody has had a problem pronouncing it that I know of though. DF isn't a fan of the 4 part name idea.... So who knows, it may end up just being the 3. I love Aleksander too :) I guess his nickname would be Alek though and I'm not sure if I really like that. I'm the most indecisive person. This is gonna be HARD! :0

Quoting MajorsMom8215:

My middle is named Jakob (pronounced just like Jacob) and it's absolutely annoying.. I don't suggest it unless you're prepared to have him called Jakobe, Jakobie, or Yakob and repeatedly say "Jakob with a K" ... I am very partial to Aleksander for a first name... it was runner up with my youngest son. Personally I like a couple variations:

Hendrix Aleksander
Noah Hendrix
Aleksander Noah

I think, considering how long your name choices are, syllable and spelling, you should stick with only one middle name. Four doesn't have as nice of a flow, and is going to be quite tough for your son to learn them all. Let us know what you pick!

kblossom20
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:21 PM

If you're not a fan of any of the names WHY did you even bother replying to the post?! LOL

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm not really a fan of any so I can't say I like one more than the other.

scarlettsam
by Silver Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:24 PM
William Aleksander Garza is an excellent name...I would leave out the Hendrix...its just too much. But I like old strong names so thats my opinion. Congrats though :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
awhunt897
by Bronze Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:25 PM

I like all of the names individually, but they are definitely a mouthful together. I'm partial to William Aleksander, but that's because it's my boy name. We just haven't had our boy yet. We also plan on spelling it with a "c". Hubby is wanting to call our future son Alec, but I like Sander better. Lol we will see what's happens if/when he gets here. DH's name is William, goes by Will, so he will definitely go by the middle name.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured