Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

terrified to put my child in daycare.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies

And just when i start to get over that, and find daycares, stuff happens. I had found one that had an amazing avalibility and the majority of parents use it, then on the news the other day, the main lady at the daycare was pulled over and they found  A BABY IN THE BACK ON THE TRUNK LAYING ACROSS DRUGS! It wasn't even HER child. Wtf? and it was a daycare i was considering and toured and it looked great. Went on a job interveiw and brought it up to another lady who was interveiwing while we were waiting on the manager when she told me that not only did that happen, but another worker has been caught pushing toddlers and snatching them up aggresively, and that they were looked into because of that, and now almost all of the kids there have been pulled and moved to another daycare (this one is WAY out of my price range) I tour another one and see a kid snatch a younger toddlers sippy cup and chug it, and hand it to another kid who chugged it and then gave it back to the other kid who mustve been 2 at the most. A 1 year old running around in a shit diaper that had exploded, he litterally had shit all up his back. I pointed this out, and the worker told me that he "mustve just done that" Looked to me like he had sat in it a while, he had it smooshed all over him.

I said no thanks and left.

:( ANYONE have any NON daycare horror stories and can tell me what to expect from a GOOD daycare? What routienes do they do?

my child is 13 months.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:16 PM
1 mom liked this

I did home daycare and had 16 good years doing it. I also worked in 2 daycare/ preschools. I loved 1 of them. The other one was too strict. I had to quit because i could not adhere to the rules. The biggest one being. I don't see why children cant be outdoors for more than 20 minutes twice per day. Look around and then call your states Children services number they can give you feed back on the places you are looking at. Good luck momma. Only the crappy ones make the news.

KayLundy3
by Silver Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:17 PM
I was the dame way, my girls were home with me for 2 years. The daycare they go to is excellent. With a good daycare you will see friendly, warm involved staff. Lots of pictures and different artwork. Meal plans, daily routines. My girls come home with a daily report describing the days activities. They even have parent teacher conference every six months. The directors office in right in front of the door, so she will see the in and outs. Also they have an alarm system. My children attend a Kindercare, if there is one in your area you should check out the website. There is a link to daily routines according to age.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jedwards2009
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:19 PM
My dd goes to an in home daycare. I love it. Once dd started going she started sleeping all night. She learns so much every day and is so happy there. She never cries when I drop her off.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KayLundy3
by Silver Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:22 PM
Where are you from?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
livelaughlov26
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:24 PM
I refuse to put my son in one. I don't trust strangers. I don't give a shit what they are certified in.
lovinmykiddo07
by Ruby Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:25 PM
My son goes to daycare on base. He is five and started at four months. No horror stories here.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:26 PM
Start with your local child care resource and referral agency, find them at www.childcareaware.org. They can get you a listing of licensed providers in your area, give information on state licensing info and how to look up their licensing history.
Fields456
by Ruby Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:30 PM
My dd went to a wonderful daycare starts at 11 months the infant room teacher was amazing she lives down the street from us. Then when they moved dd to the toddler room her teacher was a friend of mine from high school she stopped going when she was 2 1/2 but only because I started working from home And a friend of mine jus opened an in home daycare down the street and she is an amazing daycare provider as well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:42 PM

Alabama. 

Quoting KayLundy3:

Where are you from?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)