Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Oh Dear GOD!!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Well my daughter (shes 11) went to her room to play...Well I walked into her room to ask her something and what do I find but her having her pants down and was masterbating, This is the first that I know of of her doing it.  I have NO clue on how to go about talking to her about this, I know this is natural but still I am embarresed....HELP...please no bashing, i know I should of knocked...

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:37 PM
Replies (31-39):
lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:58 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

Go back and and sit and talk to her. tell her from now on you will knock before entering her room.  Tell her you are proud of her for doing it in the privacy of her room.

Whatever you do, do NOT do this. Don't say you're proud of your child in an instance like this. That'll freak her out even more. Don't even mention it. She went to the privacy of her room to do a completly normal, private thing. Something that doesn't need to be brought up ever.

Ya follow this and let her think you was doing something wrong because mom walked out, You want your children to be able to talk to you no matter what. Then be open and honest with her.

Surround yourself with people that add to your life not subtract from it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 18, 2012 at 4:10 PM
Quoting lucky2Beeme:

Why would the child think she was doing something wrong if the mom walked away? What person would want there mom having a sit down talk about something as personal as masterbation? I would of been horrified if my mom ever walked in on me,and even more horrified if she had a positive pep talk about it with me afterwords. Talk about embarrassing. She can still be open, and honest with her daughter on everything (including sex). Masterbation is personal, and private and none of her moms buisness if she's doing it or not.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 18, 2012 at 4:12 PM

she is not being abused, the only people are in our house are me, her and her 6 year old brother, I talk to her from time to time about that type of thing...she says noone has touched her.

Quoting ivy801:

Oh man how do you even talk about that kind of thing. My concern is just making sure she isn't being abuse, yes I know I am super super paranoid to the extreme once tha tis cleared up I guess try explaining that kind of behavior is normal but very very private. I really have no advice, let's see what others advice is.

CadincesMom
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 4:13 PM

My only advice is to knock next time...at least she knows to do it in private

CeeGee81
by CanadaGirl on Nov. 18, 2012 at 4:13 PM

I wouldn't even address it.  She was doing it in the privacy of her own room.  Take this as a lesson to start knocking on her door before entering :)

Talking about it will only embarrass the crap out of her. 

Aydans_Mommy
by Platinum Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 4:13 PM
I agree with this.

Quoting TattoodMommy19:

Actually, no need to even address it. Or be embarrassed.

She obviously understands it is private and to be done behind a closed door.

Knock next time mama. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TSNDDY
by Ruby Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 4:15 PM
I wouldn't say anything, just pretend it never happened..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rnchelle93
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 4:18 PM

It's normal, just talk to her about doing it in private and making sure her hands are clean so she doesn't get a UTI, and have the sex talk with her. 

ivy801
by Gold Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 4:21 PM

That's good to know, I guess she's just reaching those years now. I am just paranoid about that kind of thing. I don't even know how I'm going to deal with it when my turn comes.

Quoting Anonymous:

she is not being abused, the only people are in our house are me, her and her 6 year old brother, I talk to her from time to time about that type of thing...she says noone has touched her.

Quoting ivy801:

Oh man how do you even talk about that kind of thing. My concern is just making sure she isn't being abuse, yes I know I am super super paranoid to the extreme once tha tis cleared up I guess try explaining that kind of behavior is normal but very very private. I really have no advice, let's see what others advice is.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)