Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you allow your children to scream at resturants?

Posted by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:43 PM
  • 76 Replies
I'm at joe crab shack enjoying the nice beach view outside and there are a couple of kids around the age of 2 who are screaming at the birds and running around the place. Now we are outside on the patio but would you allow your child to scream even outside at a restaurant?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jbirdsladie27
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:44 PM
1 mom liked this
No, never
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
haydsmom2007
by Gold Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:45 PM

no

cryssi_renee
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:45 PM
No. If they start I take them to the car until the calm down or the food comes.
1plustwinsmommy
by Platinum Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:46 PM
1 mom liked this
No. I've finished my dinner in the car once. Mind you that was once. My dd NEVER did that again. People are out for a good time spending their hard earned money. They should not have to listen to my child.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:46 PM
5 moms liked this

No...but being a mom of 3 and one with aspergers...I am easily to overlook those type things.

Why?  well...#1 b/c they are not mine and I dont have to worry about them..lol  and #2 is b/c I know some kids are harder to handle than others...and there may be a very good reason why they are allowing them to scream.  Maybe not...but either way...its not my problem. :) lol

I usually sit back and look at my husband and say "do you hear that kid....?????  its not ours....YEA!"   hahahahaha

FoxFire363
by Ruby Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:46 PM

No, DS is one and if he screams more than a couple times, I take him outside. Of course you are already outside, so....yeah.

Nunyabusiness
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:47 PM

NO! i once ate out with two friends who each only had one kid. They let their kids run around like crazy people, climbing chairs, talking to other patrons. My two sat quietly coloring and behaving themselves. Dd1 wanted to run off with them but I would never allow my kids to act like that. What's worse is that someone finally told them that they needed to control their kids. No joke, one of these moms stood up and yelled at her!!! Talk about mortifying. We don't hang out with them anymore. lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:47 PM
1 mom liked this

And there is also a huge difference in screaming b/c they are having a good time...and pitching a fit....

MommieSDW
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:47 PM

No. They know how to behave in public.

lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:48 PM

no when they scream we ask once to stop them we would  leave if they continued..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN