Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you allow your children to scream at resturants?

Posted by   + Show Post
I'm at joe crab shack enjoying the nice beach view outside and there are a couple of kids around the age of 2 who are screaming at the birds and running around the place. Now we are outside on the patio but would you allow your child to scream even outside at a restaurant?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:43 PM
Replies (31-40):
SRUsarahSC
by Platinum Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:58 PM

no...I like to enjoy my meal when I go out, and I'm assuming everyone around me would like to as well. Since I'm the one that brought the kid, I would be the one to leave.  I had a couple buy my husband and I dinner w/o us knowing it until we tried to pay as a thank you because when our then 6 month old got upset, I took her outside while husband finished eating, then he came and got me and I ate (he was able to bring her back in once she calmed down).  They totally didn't have to do that.  Hey strange couple who bought us dinner, if you're on here, thanks!

NyiaBaby216
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 4:00 PM

Nope. They get an automatic "shhhhh" when they even talk to loud. DS has a really loud, really high pitched voice, and when he's excited, it's easy for him to start screaming unintentionally. But he naturally talks loud, so a little shush is all he needs to lower his tone. Hes 2 btw. DD never talks loud so, yeah. Lol

Anariama
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 4:00 PM

No way.I wouldn't even take my kids to a restaurant at that age.BTW send me some scallops.:>

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 18, 2012 at 4:02 PM
Sure I do.
ChrissyReznor
by Platinum Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 4:03 PM
No and when my son does that I take him outside till he calms down
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anariama
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 4:04 PM

lol my kids are the same way.put food in front of them and you dont hear a peep.I literally go check on them to make sure no one is choking cause they are so quiet lol.

Quoting Rooobeee:

Nope. DH and I have never allowed our children to scream at a restaurant. But then, once the food came, they took care of business. LOL Unlike most kids who are all over the place when they're eating, our kids were curiously quiet when they had food in front of them. I always found that funny, because we never taught them any different or forced them to quiet down when the food came. I'll never forget one Christmas when I had taken my girls out to eat after shopping. My youngest was not yet 2 and we were waiting for the waitress to bring us plastic utensils so that she could eat. My baby was so hungry that she picked up the metal fork and started feeding herself. LOL I was in awe because that was the first time she fed herself with a utensil.

JLo1486
by Gold Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 4:04 PM
Are you in Destin? Lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jbirchard
by Gold Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 4:04 PM
No, never
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momto2boys973
by Ruby Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 4:04 PM
I don't allow them to scream at home, let alone at a restaurant. IMHO, if you're not on a roller coaster, watching a scary movie, a rock concert, being robbed or giving birth, there's no reason why you should be screaming

Sharon
LuLuThatsWho
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 4:05 PM

Uhh no.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN