Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

should I take him to the er? update 2

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 177 Replies
My 4 year old son is miserable, he is coughing says his eyes,chest and stomach hurt. He's been sleeping most of the day and not eating and hardley drinking anything I gave him Motrin 45 minutes ago and his temp is still 104.2 . I know its dumb to ask this question.but the reason why I am is my son hates going to.the doctor but I'm not sure if I should make him due.to his temp not going down. ...... We are at the er now, his temp has spiked to 105.4 they have gave him Tylenol and he is getting a chest xray.right now. He had a flu shot and they don't think its the flu even with a temp this high he is talking and Joking around just very sleepy. Sorry it took so long I just now got a chance to update, but when we got to the er his o2 was 91 so they gave him done o2 and did chest x ray and gave meds for the fever they gave him Motrin and Tylenol at the same time which took the fever down , they also gave him a steroids and said he has croup, they want me to watch him close and make sure it don't turn to pheumonia (spl?) They sent him him with a nebulizer and albutaral. He sees his pedi tomorrow and they said no.school for.the week.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:56 PM
1 mom liked this
go
LovelyMommy24
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:56 PM
2 moms liked this

If you're concerned call a nurse and tell her what you just told us. They'll tell you if you need to take him or not and if not what to do. 

melakay1981
by Platinum Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:56 PM

I would

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:59 PM
5 moms liked this
Temperature got over 102 with those symptoms and you weren't rushing to the ER, instead you spend time here? Dafuq?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 18, 2012 at 4:00 PM
1 mom liked this

go.

divinedimension
by Not Miss Cleo on Nov. 18, 2012 at 4:00 PM
104 is dangerous, go!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
KeimUNCmomof3
by Gold Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 4:00 PM

Yes, with a 104* fever.  Take him.

Ginnygurl97
by Bronze Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 4:01 PM
Absolutely w that temp! He might hate the doc but that is a seriously high temp. My mil is a nurse and I just read this out loud to her and she said it can cause seizures and even brain damage if it goes any higher :-( take him mama!!!!
(She is an RN-C and the ER supervisor at her hospital in Hartford)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
KeimUNCmomof3
by Gold Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 4:01 PM

My son had a 103* fever and started going delarious, it was scary.  Of course, my husband rushed him to the E.R.  GET OFF OF THE INTERNET AND TAKE HIM NOW!  It could get serious really quick, you don't want to waste time especially since the tylenol hasn't help knock down the fever.

Aydans_Mommy
by Platinum Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 4:02 PM
Go
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)