Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

best tea for...?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies
What would be the best tea for a 4 yr old with a cold to drink, to soothe his throat and get his voice back?? How do you prepare your little ones tea?
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 18, 2012 at 4:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
-42-
by Platinum Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 4:06 PM
Peppermint tea with lots of honey.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
StrangeDays
by Gold Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 4:09 PM
Chamomile tea. Don't let it steep for more than 5 minutes, remove the bag or loose-herb-infuser, and add honey, lemon and some milk/dairy free milk (whichever your preference). It's also great for breaking fevers. Just don't mix herbs and drugs, they'll counteract each other.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
A_McCool
by Silver Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 4:09 PM

My kids love tea. (They only like black tea, no green tea or herbal teas.) They are 5 and 3. The 5 year old wants to have a tea party for her birthday  in January.

I make the tea as the box says, and I add 1/2 tsp of truvia and 1 tbsp of heavy cream.

This is their favorite for when they are sick.

They, also, like:

mewebb82
by Gold Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 4:16 PM

Any red/rooibos tea has a low caffeine content. I usually give my daughter lemon or orange rooibos tea (or add the juice and a little rind of any citrus fruit to regular red tea). Add a little honey to sooth the cough and sore throat. 

504bbymami
by Sapphire Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 4:16 PM
Lemon with honey
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DeathGoddess
by Bronze Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 4:18 PM

There are 2 by celestial seasonings that i swear by...sleepytime tea and honey vanilla chamomile...the first one i use a lil half&half and sugar, 2nd one a lil honey.

VioletsMomTown
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 4:19 PM

Ginger tea with lemon and honey. Also a good strong dose of vitamin D, swear to god it will help better than anything else you could give.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)