Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

by my sn how many of you dislike me? *edit*

Posted by   + Show Post
It really makes no difference... I just thought about it and was wondering, and was a little bored so I thought I would ask lol

*edit*
Wow I didn't expect so many to respond and I sure didn't expect a debate but none the less, it was nice chatting with you ladies... I need to call the dh, eat dinner, and go take care of my parents dogs while they are on their cruise and then we need to pack for our vacation this week... will catch up with you all later...

And it was really nice to know most of you didn't recognize me and a little actually liked me, and for the few that didn't like me, that is okay too :-)

So goodnight and I hope you all enjoy the rest of your night:-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 5:50 PM
Replies (251-252):
FoxFire363
by Ruby Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 1:08 AM

That's ok, lol. She sounds like a sad case. You'd think if it was that important to her, she would actually do some study on it. I've studied a number of religions myself, it's something I find extremely interesting. Actually, I was going to ask you a bit about your path (from a reply you made to me in a completely different post). I was wondering if you could recommend some books or websites with more info on Rokkatru. I've been developing a bit of an interest in Norse paganism lately, and that path is not widely known. Most of the info I have found has been on Asatru. Feel free to PM me if you have any recommendations. Anyhow, back to the original topic, I think the issue a lot of people have is that religion is such a personal thing, and something in which people often have very strong convictions. So when they are challenged, they don't want to admit that they don't know a everything about it, because that might imply that they have made an uninformed choice. 

Quoting XJetX:

Sorry, was watching walking dead lol. Well this girl I know claims to have been Wiccan for years, every aspect of her life is all about Wicca, blah blah blah, but she doesn't know how to even abide by it. It's pretty ridiculous. I myself am Lokean (Heathen/Norse Pagan for those who don't know) but am well versed in many religions including xtianity. I can't help but SMDH sometimes. Then again, I myself am always learning and don't claim to know everything and admit when I am wrong when it comes to something involving religion. Or, I just don't open my mouth about it.

Quoting FoxFire363:

There are quite a few Wiccans like that. I admit, today I was caught off guard by missionaries at my door and made myself look like a total ass when I said "thanks but I'm pagan" then they were like, "pagan, what's that" and I mumbled something about nature and elements and shit. I looked like a dumbass, lol. It was more that it was cold and I had on pj's and didn't want to stand there going "well, I'm polytheistic and yadda yadda yadda." It's a shame when people can't admit that they are still learning about their path. This lady though...I know more about Christianity than she does. Then again, was raised Christian and later studied certain aspects of it at a university level. Still. OP insisted earlier to an anon that "God" didn't die on the cross, "Jesus" did. 

Quoting XJetX:

Bahahahaha I know a chick like that. Claims to be Wiccan but asks me to defend her because she doesn't know enough about her own religion. And the best part is that I'm not even Wiccan and I school her on it *uncontrollable laughter*

Quoting FoxFire363:

To put it mildly yes. Plus she is one of the ones who doesn't even understand her own religion. It's funny until it's just sad. 

Quoting XJetX:

Awww shit... One of them bible thumpers, huh?

Quoting FoxFire363:

Consider yourself lucky. 

Quoting XJetX:

I don't know who you are...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 34 on Nov. 29, 2012 at 12:39 AM

I can't say that I dislike you, but I do dislike the overwhelming amount of misinformation that you spread on CM.    I also wish you would get some help with your mental health condition. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)