Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I bought my 15 y/o DD a vibrater.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

We have always had a really open relationship about sex and her boyfriends. Shes been dating her current for abut a year and half, he is a a junior. Last week she went on a group date to our county fair. A couple days later she ask if she could be placed on the pill. I told her sure. I ask her why and if she was ready. She told told me at the fair she and her boyfriend "hooked up" (oral sex). She said after that it was kinda awkward and both of them felt weird about it. She said she doesn't think either of them are really ready to go there yet but that when they are together it's just kinda hard to stop (hence the want for pills).

I told her that they both are probably not ready for sex but more sexually frustrated than anything else. I told her thats completely normal and that sex before both of them are really ready isnt the answer. She knows sex is a very emotional act, especially your first, and can't be taken back. I also told her there are things they an do as a couple and be herself to releave some of the tension. I talkedher about heavy petting and mutual masturbation and sex toys (for her own personal use). We talked about setting limits and protecttion a little more indepthly than before.

e looked up sex toys on amazon and I helped her pick something out small and talked to her about proper care for it when it get's here. We also discussed putting her on depo. We went and bought condoms for her room and purse, dental dams, spermacide from amazon.

I'm proud of her for being open with me. I would rather know and help than not know and pop up with a grand child or her being regretful for doing something she was not prepared for. I hope that when she really is ready she will come to me again.

How would you have handled it?

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 18, 2012 at 7:25 PM
Replies (21-30):
ninjakids
by Christina on Nov. 18, 2012 at 7:35 PM
Look into mirena :) its what Im looking into. I started depo at her age and did great for two years and stopped taking it. That's when they changed the formula, i went back on it and i went down to ( after second ds ds) 170 pp & after one shot of depo Im up to 190 with no change in diet and breastfeeding...not to mention the constantly getting sick etc. :(

Quoting Anonymous:

What do you suggest?

She is kinda forgetful and i'm worried she wont remember pills :/

Quoting ninjakids:

Depo will make her miserable! Trust me.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 18, 2012 at 7:35 PM
2 moms liked this
I'm not buying my dd a sex toy. I don't even want to go there.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 18, 2012 at 7:35 PM

It's for female oral sex. Thin sheet that separates the vagina and the tongue.

Quoting Anonymous:

i gotta ask wtf is a dental dam

-spork2.0-
by Platinum Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 7:35 PM
I think I love you.

Quoting circle_of_life:

Terrible choice. She needs to be shamed and made to feel very very dirty. You should have told her that sex is evil and the baby Jesus is super mad at her for fooling around. Then you should have made her get down on her knees and pray for forgiveness, then spend the next couple months reading the entire bible. You might want to go ahead and have her clit removed just to be on the safe side.

-spork2.0-
by Platinum Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 7:36 PM
12 moms liked this
Mirena is *not* a good idea for someone who has not given vaginal birth before.

Quoting ninjakids:

Look into mirena :) its what Im looking into. I started depo at her age and did great for two years and stopped taking it. That's when they changed the formula, i went back on it and i went down to ( after second ds ds) 170 pp & after one shot of depo Im up to 190 with no change in diet and breastfeeding...not to mention the constantly getting sick etc. :(

Quoting Anonymous:

What do you suggest?

Quoting ninjakids:

marihla
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 7:37 PM

I hope my daughter is this open with me. This is the same parenting approach as I have when it comes to sex.

FoxFire363
by Ruby Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 7:37 PM

I think you did a great job. I would do the same for my daughter, except for buying her the vibrator. The only reason I wouldn't do that is that if her dad found out he would totally use it against me and throw a shit fit. 

Homeschoolmom99
by Silver Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 7:37 PM

He asked for it we had the talk and frankly kids that young have kids bad enough my other DD is 20 and about to be a mom! I do not need my now 13 year old to be a dad

Quoting Anonymous:

this is seriously the trashiest, tackiest thing I've ever read here. which is saying something.

Quoting Homeschoolmom99:

We bought our 12 year old son a Hustler and our 22 year old DD a toy all in the same day! We also got the son these rags at pride that said Cum rag on it.

3boysngirl

You did the right thing i hope me and my daughter will be close like u r with urs!

pinkjimmies06
There is also inplanon (no experience) and Nuvaring. I have Nuvaring. 3 weeks in 1 out. Nuvaring has the same side effects as the pill for me.
Quoting Anonymous:

What do you suggest?

Quoting ninjakids:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)