Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I bought my 15 y/o DD a vibrater.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

We have always had a really open relationship about sex and her boyfriends. Shes been dating her current for abut a year and half, he is a a junior. Last week she went on a group date to our county fair. A couple days later she ask if she could be placed on the pill. I told her sure. I ask her why and if she was ready. She told told me at the fair she and her boyfriend "hooked up" (oral sex). She said after that it was kinda awkward and both of them felt weird about it. She said she doesn't think either of them are really ready to go there yet but that when they are together it's just kinda hard to stop (hence the want for pills).

I told her that they both are probably not ready for sex but more sexually frustrated than anything else. I told her thats completely normal and that sex before both of them are really ready isnt the answer. She knows sex is a very emotional act, especially your first, and can't be taken back. I also told her there are things they an do as a couple and be herself to releave some of the tension. I talkedher about heavy petting and mutual masturbation and sex toys (for her own personal use). We talked about setting limits and protecttion a little more indepthly than before.

e looked up sex toys on amazon and I helped her pick something out small and talked to her about proper care for it when it get's here. We also discussed putting her on depo. We went and bought condoms for her room and purse, dental dams, spermacide from amazon.

I'm proud of her for being open with me. I would rather know and help than not know and pop up with a grand child or her being regretful for doing something she was not prepared for. I hope that when she really is ready she will come to me again.

How would you have handled it?

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 18, 2012 at 7:25 PM
Replies (31-40):
Liyoness
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 7:37 PM
4 moms liked this

This is exactly my philosophy.

I also think that girls are much less willing to be used for sex if they understand how to climax. (When the time comes for sex.) Many girls are content to just get boned because they don't know how much better it can be.. But if you do know, then you're less likely to settle for anything less than making sure you get your pleasure, as well.

No, it's not going to stop sex, but hopefully it will help with self-esteem and partner selection.

Mrs.wilcox01
by Gold Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 7:38 PM
This

Quoting Anonymous:

Good for you. I honestly think you did the right thing. I hope my relationship with my dd is that open and honest when she gets older.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Maevelyn
by Gold Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 7:38 PM
3 moms liked this

I rather know what's going on in my kids lives and have my dds (who are 8, 6 and 2 1/2 months) know that what they feel is normal and healthy. I don't think feeling shame helps any young women make good choices. Shame is how teenage girls end up  throwing babies in dumpsters and I would feel like a failure if my dds thought they had to do something like that. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 18, 2012 at 7:38 PM
1 mom liked this

She seemes mature enough for a relationship. We both think she is. Hes a great kid and his parents have similar values as we do. Gotta let them branch out some time.

Quoting thetrollcat:

unbelievable you let her date so young... SMH

torttia
by Bronze Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 7:39 PM

I don't even want to think about my children having sex.

ninjakids
by Christina on Nov. 18, 2012 at 7:39 PM
http://goaskalice.columbia.edu/mirena-it-safe-woman-without-children

Quoting -spork2.0-:

Mirena is *not* a good idea for someone who has not given vaginal birth before.

Quoting ninjakids:

Look into mirena :) its what Im looking into. I started depo at her age and did great for two years and stopped taking it. That's when they changed the formula, i went back on it and i went down to ( after second ds ds) 170 pp & after one shot of depo Im up to 190 with no change in diet and breastfeeding...not to mention the constantly getting sick etc. :(

Quoting Anonymous:

What do you suggest?

She is kinda forgetful and i'm worried she wont remember pills :/

Quoting ninjakids:

Depo will make her miserable! Trust me.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Nov. 18, 2012 at 7:39 PM
6 moms liked this
Wow I'm sorry but I don't agree with this at all...yes it's good that she is open with you but why in the world would u be ok with her being sexually active at 15?
Keara20
by Platinum Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 7:40 PM
I'm having weight issues with mirena. I gain weight by looking at food it seems like. Other than the weight issue, I like it.

Quoting ninjakids:

Look into mirena :) its what Im looking into. I started depo at her age and did great for two years and stopped taking it. That's when they changed the formula, i went back on it and i went down to ( after second ds ds) 170 pp & after one shot of depo Im up to 190 with no change in diet and breastfeeding...not to mention the constantly getting sick etc. :(

Quoting Anonymous:

What do you suggest?

She is kinda forgetful and i'm worried she wont remember pills :/

Quoting ninjakids:

Depo will make her miserable! Trust me.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
thetrollcat
by Meow on Nov. 18, 2012 at 7:40 PM
16 moms liked this

im sorry but she will be an adult 90% of her life why are you trying to hurry her to start taking on adult responsibilities? Dating is not a game, its not a hobby, its not a sport, or activity. Its a responsibility. She is only 15 years old, should be focusing on SCHOOL and other things.

Quoting Anonymous:

She seemes mature enough for a relationship. We both think she is. Hes a great kid and his parents have similar values as we do. Gotta let them branch out some time.

Quoting thetrollcat:

unbelievable you let her date so young... SMH

~~~~~         =^..^=        ~~~~~
I'm not the cat lady type. I'm more like an actual cat. I want affection when I want it and on my own terms. The rest of the time I want to claw out your eyes and piss in your shoes.  

*marking the 599968yth post/reply being mean, evil, horrible, which makes me worse than anonymous*

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Nov. 18, 2012 at 7:40 PM
4 moms liked this

this is just overboard and gross

Quoting Homeschoolmom99:

We also got the son these rags at pride that said Cum rag on it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)