Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I bought my 15 y/o DD a vibrater.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

We have always had a really open relationship about sex and her boyfriends. Shes been dating her current for abut a year and half, he is a a junior. Last week she went on a group date to our county fair. A couple days later she ask if she could be placed on the pill. I told her sure. I ask her why and if she was ready. She told told me at the fair she and her boyfriend "hooked up" (oral sex). She said after that it was kinda awkward and both of them felt weird about it. She said she doesn't think either of them are really ready to go there yet but that when they are together it's just kinda hard to stop (hence the want for pills).

I told her that they both are probably not ready for sex but more sexually frustrated than anything else. I told her thats completely normal and that sex before both of them are really ready isnt the answer. She knows sex is a very emotional act, especially your first, and can't be taken back. I also told her there are things they an do as a couple and be herself to releave some of the tension. I talkedher about heavy petting and mutual masturbation and sex toys (for her own personal use). We talked about setting limits and protecttion a little more indepthly than before.

e looked up sex toys on amazon and I helped her pick something out small and talked to her about proper care for it when it get's here. We also discussed putting her on depo. We went and bought condoms for her room and purse, dental dams, spermacide from amazon.

I'm proud of her for being open with me. I would rather know and help than not know and pop up with a grand child or her being regretful for doing something she was not prepared for. I hope that when she really is ready she will come to me again.

How would you have handled it?

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 18, 2012 at 7:25 PM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Nov. 18, 2012 at 7:40 PM
1 mom liked this

That's wonderful, you have an open and honest relationship with your DD.  Yay for you Mama, good job.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Nov. 18, 2012 at 7:41 PM
1 mom liked this
This probably sounds crazy but I would tell her how to use it. Vibrators aren't supposed to be used in your vagina and she should know what her clitoris is for. My mom was 42 before she knew where it even was...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Nov. 18, 2012 at 7:41 PM

I would of done it the same way.

You're a lucky mama whose daughter trusts you! You should be so proud of your daughter.

Grumpylilpixy
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 7:41 PM

I know we don't want our children to have sex but I will be buying my boys condoms in bulk when I even sense something is going on and be placing them in their room... 

Maevelyn
by Gold Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 7:41 PM

it made my neighbor lose her mind (for real) and I read that they've linked depo used to like triple the instance of breast cancer. Icky stuff but if that's what right for them. Idk I feel two ways about bc and teens. It's basically a back up method since they should ALWAYS use condoms (or if they attend a certain high school in Duval county, a full body condom.) I don't want my kids to think that not using a condom is an option bc it's not.

Quoting ninjakids:

Depo will make her miserable! Trust me.

Grumpylilpixy
2 moms liked this

I also think this is good as well because this will teach her about her own body and the orgasm part of it and so forth.

mrs.hartman12
8 moms liked this
Wow I have never been so disgusted in my life.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
colbys_mom
by Silver Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 7:42 PM
This. It really messed me up too

Quoting ninjakids:

Depo will make her miserable! Trust me.
ninjakids
by Christina on Nov. 18, 2012 at 7:42 PM
She's helping her child be protected. My mom was not okay with me having sex at that age but when i started dating a guy she put me on depo...and thank god otherwise id probably have an 8 year old now.

Quoting Anonymous:

Wow I'm sorry but I don't agree with this at all...yes it's good that she is open with you but why in the world would u be ok with her being sexually active at 15?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 18, 2012 at 7:42 PM
3 moms liked this

Her sex life isnt mine. I can't force her or pressure her o wait like I did. I would like for her to, but that needs to be her choice. I can't decide when shes ready for that step. The most I can do it help her really know when she is ready for that step and make sure she is protected.

Quoting Anonymous:

Wow I'm sorry but I don't agree with this at all...yes it's good that she is open with you but why in the world would u be ok with her being sexually active at 15?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)