Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I bought my 15 y/o DD a vibrater.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

We have always had a really open relationship about sex and her boyfriends. Shes been dating her current for abut a year and half, he is a a junior. Last week she went on a group date to our county fair. A couple days later she ask if she could be placed on the pill. I told her sure. I ask her why and if she was ready. She told told me at the fair she and her boyfriend "hooked up" (oral sex). She said after that it was kinda awkward and both of them felt weird about it. She said she doesn't think either of them are really ready to go there yet but that when they are together it's just kinda hard to stop (hence the want for pills).

I told her that they both are probably not ready for sex but more sexually frustrated than anything else. I told her thats completely normal and that sex before both of them are really ready isnt the answer. She knows sex is a very emotional act, especially your first, and can't be taken back. I also told her there are things they an do as a couple and be herself to releave some of the tension. I talkedher about heavy petting and mutual masturbation and sex toys (for her own personal use). We talked about setting limits and protecttion a little more indepthly than before.

e looked up sex toys on amazon and I helped her pick something out small and talked to her about proper care for it when it get's here. We also discussed putting her on depo. We went and bought condoms for her room and purse, dental dams, spermacide from amazon.

I'm proud of her for being open with me. I would rather know and help than not know and pop up with a grand child or her being regretful for doing something she was not prepared for. I hope that when she really is ready she will come to me again.

How would you have handled it?

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 18, 2012 at 7:25 PM
Replies (491-500):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2012 at 5:56 AM
In Europe where teens often have condoms/BC, open and honest talked with, their parents about sex and love, and sex toys readily available, they have some of the lowest rates of teen pregnancy/STDs and they report waiting longer to have sex and are less regretful.

Quoting jpoveda2000:

Talking to your daughter about sex, and safety is one thing. Buying a dildo for your daughter is out of line. Are you encouraging your daughter to have sex? At her age she will do it eventually, but I do not agree with you as a mother allowing both. I respect your decision, but I most certainly do not agree with you. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 66 on Nov. 24, 2012 at 6:07 AM

you will be a grandma sooner than later

aimee091712
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 6:14 AM
Quoting ninjakids:

its unlikely any smart obgyn would be willing to insert an iud in a 15 y/o, she is far too young and never had a child. I attempted to have one before my son and it was very painful and didn't stay in place and I ended up pregnant. This has happened to several people I know and I know one girl that, the iud imbedded itself into the wall of her uterus. I would wait for that form. But depo has different effects on different people, I didn't really like it either, but its worth a try before going as far as an iud. Just my personal experience with mirena :-)
NiceMom06
by Gold Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 6:18 AM
good for you
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mommy_2_be_2010
by Ruby Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 6:24 AM
I was 21 when I went to my mom.....she was cool with it warned me that it hurt like hell thankfully i'd gotten condoms from my cousin and litterally a few days after thanksgiving(nov 28) I lost it in my moms house.

She always told me she was more comfortable with me doing something at home then out in the streets because at least she knew I was safe.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2012 at 6:31 AM
Why do you say that. In Europe, where my parenting style is often practiced, teens statistically have lower rates of pregnancy/STDs, wait longer, and are less regretful about sex.

Quoting Anonymous:

you will be a grandma sooner than later

AmyD43
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 6:44 AM
I've been on depo for 3 years. I'm fine. I got pregnant at 20 right after I got married. I forgot or didnt take the pill correctly. So I can only imagine how a 15 year old would forget the pill. I think I would ask her pedi or Gyn for their opinion though.

Quoting colbys_mom:

This. It really messed me up too

Quoting ninjakids:

Depo will make her miserable! Trust me.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
unusualmom
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 6:45 AM
Oooo! Can I get one too! - but seriously, if my daughter is 15/16 and she asked for one id get her one too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frzmamaof4
by Silver Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 6:50 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Good for you. I honestly think you did the right thing. I hope my relationship with my dd is that open and honest when she gets older.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2012 at 6:53 AM
BUMP!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)