Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Monroe Piercing

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
If you have it, when did the swelling go down. I just got it done yesterday and it's hard for me to eat. I think I'm just afraid I will mess it up somehow. Anyway any personal advice on how you took care of it would be appreciated. Thanks. :)
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 18, 2012 at 8:02 PM
Replies (21-30):
saral2790
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 8:29 PM
Honestly I don't understand what the point of that is I'm sure you'd look a lot prettier without it
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AubreeGrace17
by Platinum Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:08 PM
Ew

Quoting Anonymous:

Because I like it and it's my face. :) I have my nose pierced too. *gasp*

Quoting AubreeGrace17:

They're so ugly! Why did you get one?

SamiJ18
by Platinum Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:12 PM

H2Ocean will be your friend!

Lindsey1126
by Silver Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:17 PM
I have a lip peircing and it just took 2 days to go down
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:18 PM
I bought some simply saline and listerine. I use the mouth wash after every meal and I use the saline 2 times a day.

Quoting SamiJ18:

H2Ocean will be your friend!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:20 PM
Thanks for just answering the question and not being a BITCH like the others have been. :)

Quoting Lindsey1126:

I have a lip peircing and it just took 2 days to go down
kellysparkles
by Platinum Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:24 PM

Mine took about a week or so to heal "fully" - but my piercer makes custom jewelry and after the swelling went down he shortened my stud so that it wouldn't catch on my tooth or anything.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:29 PM
Thanks! Yeah I heard when you get it done the bar is longer because your lip will swell.

Quoting kellysparkles:

Mine took about a week or so to heal "fully" - but my piercer makes custom jewelry and after the swelling went down he shortened my stud so that it wouldn't catch on my tooth or anything.

kellysparkles
by Platinum Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:31 PM

It does swell, but everybody is different with how much they swell.  See if you have anybody in your area that can customize jewelry or maybe your piercer does.  If you happen to live in upstate NY I can suggest somebody lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Thanks! Yeah I heard when you get it done the bar is longer because your lip will swell.

Quoting kellysparkles:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:32 PM
I have my naval, eyebrow, and nose done. My nose & eyebrow hardly swelled was just a little red. My naval was swollen for two days and red for four days. I used simple saline on them all. My eyebrow took 4 weeks it so to heal, nose 8 weeks and naval a year & a half. Sorry didn't really answer your question. Also they sell nutrition drinks at walmart (like equate) that might help a little if it hurts to eat.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN