Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
What color of tree? How tall? What color are your decorations? Post a pic if you have one.

Also, when do you put your tree up?

I usually do a green tree with burgandy or gold decorations, but last year we did a white tree with pink decorations because that's what our little girls wanted. This year I wanted to do a green tree with white or ivory decorations. I found some really cute white, feathery ornaments. BUT the girls want the pink tree again. We went ahead and put it up today.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 8:26 PM
Replies (41-50):
4noodles4me
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 8:50 PM

This is the tree in the Study
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Momof2angels88
by Gold Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 8:52 PM
We have a small 3 foot tree, I had burgundy ornaments in memory of my DD who was born in January (she passed in February at 2 weeks old), I would really love to get ornaments for my sons birthstone (he was born in August and was killed when he was 15), but I have been lucky to get gifts for my 2 girls so I haven't been able to get light green to go with the burgundy. My burgundy ornaments got lost in our last move so now I need to get both colors. Maybe Walmart will have a box of each color this year (the small ornaments) and I can try to squeeze it into my budget.

We usually put our tree up the day after thanksgiving.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 18, 2012 at 8:56 PM
That is how ours is too. It is great :)

Quoting mariesmama:

Quoting Anonymous:

This sounds like ours and I love it. There is so much meaning on our tree.

Quoting casah4:

We have a 7.5 ft green tree with multicolored lights. It's full of ornaments the girls have crafted over the years and special yearly ornaments they get to pick out. I'm sure many would consider it tacky, but it's full of memories and I love it.

i have ornaments i crafted,ones kids i babysat crafted and i helped my 3 yr old craft some last weekend tons of home made ornaments i have the prism i got when dad passed

SevenKisses
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 8:57 PM

We have a 6 foot fake green tree. We haven't picked our colors for the year for ornaments but I *think* we are going with red, white, green, + blue. Usually we only pick two but we are liking this to match our wrapping paper. No pics yet, I have to wait until Thanksgiving night at least to put it up.

JoaquinsMommie
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:01 PM

Our Tree Is Whiter And This Year We Are Putting Purple & Pink Decorations On It......I Think The Tree Is 7 Feet Tall Im Not Sure And We Are Putting Ours Up After Our Thanksgiving Dinner Is Over.

justpeachy71904
by peachy on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:13 PM
We water the hell out of it. It is so hard with the kitties. They try to drink the water. Which is bad for them. Stupid kitties :)

They sell stuff to put in the water but we have been fortunate to never have am issue. They always keep really well! I am so excited :)

Quoting Anonymous:

How do you keep it fresh until Christmas? We always get real trees but the few times we got them that early they were so dry and dead by Christmas. I want to get one early this year!

Quoting justpeachy71904:

Real tree... Not flocked. Red and green decorations. A few gold all glittery! Lots of lights.

The day after thanksgiving!

ChickenTheChina
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:22 PM
1 mom liked this

Girls on Christmas Eve

Here's one photo of our tree from last year. I'll try to find a better one.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
crazynlove78
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:24 PM
1 mom liked this
I will. :) they're my favorites also. So I freaked when I finaly found ornaments in them. lol

Quoting OurFunnyFarm:

Pink & lime green are my favorite colors!! That would be great!! You need to post a picture of it!!! After you put it up!!

Quoting crazynlove78:

Real tree 8 or 9 foot. ornaments are pink & lime green with multi colored lights and a animated angel ontop with a hand made tree skirt green with pink embroidery. We're going Thanksgiving day to get the tree & we'll decorate it after dinner.

Already have a 6ft fiber optic in the mud room decorated by the kids with family ornaments passed down through the years & a star ontop.

ChickenTheChina
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:27 PM
1 mom liked this

Here's another.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
carter210
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:30 PM
We do a green tree with multi colored lights. Our ornaments are green and red. I love decorating for Christmas. It's my favorite holiday!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)