Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
What color of tree? How tall? What color are your decorations? Post a pic if you have one.

Also, when do you put your tree up?

I usually do a green tree with burgandy or gold decorations, but last year we did a white tree with pink decorations because that's what our little girls wanted. This year I wanted to do a green tree with white or ivory decorations. I found some really cute white, feathery ornaments. BUT the girls want the pink tree again. We went ahead and put it up today.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 8:26 PM
Replies (51-60):
fairyjester
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:32 PM

green tree multi color ecletic decorations.  care more for the meaning of them than the look.

nulti lights

tntmomof2
by Platinum Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:32 PM
1 mom liked this

Our main tree (in pic) is Green, 10 feet, red and gold ornaments, we put it up the night after thanksgiving. The kids each have a tree in their rooms and I have 1 in the den. Dds. All are green. Dds 5 feet, DSs and the den are 3 1/2 feet. The kids want to change those trees up a bit this year so I'm not sure what color they'll be.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:44 PM
I'm excited too! I'm going to try to talk dh into going Friday.

Quoting justpeachy71904:

We water the hell out of it. It is so hard with the kitties. They try to drink the water. Which is bad for them. Stupid kitties :)

They sell stuff to put in the water but we have been fortunate to never have am issue. They always keep really well! I am so excited :)

Quoting Anonymous:

How do you keep it fresh until Christmas? We always get real trees but the few times we got them that early they were so dry and dead by Christmas. I want to get one early this year!

Quoting justpeachy71904:

Real tree... Not flocked. Red and green decorations. A few gold all glittery! Lots of lights.

The day after thanksgiving!

AnnaNonamus
by Spanky Pants :) on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:42 PM

About 5 years ago, I picked up a white tree and LOVED it. We used it for 2 years as the main tree, then I wanted to go back to green, so I got a new one, and started putting the white tree up in our huge, wasted dining room. On my white tree, I loved putting both clear and multi-colored lights on it- oddly, it was more colorful with the clear lights added. When I would unplug those and just do the multi, it was a lot darker in color. 

We have done an ornament theme a few times (red/white candy theme on the white tree, red, white, blue on a green tree, all bright colors on the white tree), but we just don't have the money for tons of new stuff each time. 

The kids also always get a new ornament each year that is picked with their interests and tastes in mind. Because of that, I prefer to show those ones off. 

This year, I am picking up a new tree. Our cats and crappy pre-lit lights have ruined ours. I am going with a non pre-lit this time around, so I don't wind up having to add in a lot of extra lights when the pre-lit ones stop working. 

With the ornaments, I always get out all of them, and then sort out the special ones for each kid to put on the tree. They do a 1 at a time thing, because otherwise, the kids fight over branches, and where they are standing at what point. They also pick their ornaments one at a time until they each have about 15 to put on the tree. 

I have two kids with Asperger's. Fairness and equality are big deals for both of them. If something is perceived as uneven, then it isn't fair, and it can cause a good moment to become a bad one. Hence, taking turns and having the same amount of ornaments to hang each time. 

OurFunnyFarm
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:45 PM
Its so pretty!!

Quoting ChickenTheChina:

Girls on Christmas Eve

Here's one photo of our tree from last year. I'll try to find a better one.

thetrollcat
by Meow on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:46 PM

Im gonna put up a black tree and decorate it with spiders

thetrollcat
by Meow on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:47 PM

oh snap thats a huge tree you cant even see it all in the window!

Quoting tntmomof2:

Our main tree (in pic) is Green, 10 feet, red and gold ornaments, we put it up the night after thanksgiving. The kids each have a tree in their rooms and I have 1 in the den. Dds. All are green. Dds 5 feet, DSs and the den are 3 1/2 feet. The kids want to change those trees up a bit this year so I'm not sure what color they'll be.

~~~~~         =^..^=        ~~~~~
I'm not the cat lady type. I'm more like an actual cat. I want affection when I want it and on my own terms. The rest of the time I want to claw out your eyes and piss in your shoes.  

*marking the 599968yth post/reply being mean, evil, horrible, which makes me worse than anonymous*

blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:48 PM
For the last few years my mom has done a snowman theme in silver and blue. This year she changed it up to a red and green theme. More traditional. Fake green tree with clear lights.

My tree at my apartment is white with glittery neon pink, purple, blue & lime green ornaments!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OurFunnyFarm
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:50 PM
I can't wait to see the pics!! I love all the decorations at Christmas!!
I am hoping next year I will have so ornaments to put on our tree!!

Quoting crazynlove78:

I will. :) they're my favorites also. So I freaked when I finaly found ornaments in them. lol

Quoting OurFunnyFarm:

Pink & lime green are my favorite colors!! That would be great!! You need to post a picture of it!!! After you put it up!!

Quoting crazynlove78:

Real tree 8 or 9 foot. ornaments are pink & lime green with multi colored lights and a animated angel ontop with a hand made tree skirt green with pink embroidery. We're going Thanksgiving day to get the tree & we'll decorate it after dinner.

Already have a 6ft fiber optic in the mud room decorated by the kids with family ornaments passed down through the years & a star ontop.

wkukid
by Beach Bum on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:50 PM

Green fake 7.5 feet. Prelit with multicolored bulbs. Decorations are red,green and gold with lots of sparkle. Trees already up.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)