Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

2 year old dd attached to silk boxers? Picture added in replies

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 25 Replies
My ex washes dd's and my laundry every weekend when he has her(he has a washer i dont and it helps out a lot) well last week his silk boxers got mixed in with out laundry and ended up in our laundry bag.Dd is 22 months and she found them and put them on.I thought it was funny at first but that night she put them on over her jammies.every night since she has put them on and sleeps in them.i tried taking them and putting them up and she FREAKS and wont sleep.I sent them back to him when he picked her up friday well apparently she did the dame thing at his house so he sent them back here today and i go to put her to bed and there she is with them on AGAIN.Is this normal?I find it kinda odd.Is it the fabric?she doesnt want any other boxers but the silk ones but at the same time her lovie is silk and she doesnt want it anymore...suggestions
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:09 PM

She might just miss her daddy. Try getting her a blanket that has silk on one side. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:12 PM

Well, my son is addicted to satin material. Anything satin lined or satin he wants it for himself. It could be a texture thing? check on zulily.com sometimes they hve they the myblankee and other satin lined [really, really] nice blankets.

ff-princess
by Ruby Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:13 PM

victorias secret.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:15 PM
She probably likes the way it feels. My son likes soft, fuzzy socks so we got him some even though they're for girls.
Shermy
by Platinum Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:15 PM

As a kid, I loved the satin feel. I sucked my thumb with ANY satin lined blankie - I still love those freaking blankets to this day. 

It sounds like she might know they are her fathers though, and it is just something comforting? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:16 PM
I guess there's a possiblity she wants them cause the smell like daddy? I know they are clean, but maybe the smell reminds her of daddy and its a comfort to her.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:20 PM
she has a couple blankets and lovies that are lined in it but she doesnt want them

Quoting Anonymous:

Well, my son is addicted to satin material. Anything satin lined or satin he wants it for himself. It could be a texture thing? check on zulily.com sometimes they hve they the myblankee and other satin lined [really, really] nice blankets.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:21 PM

luckily its kinda blurry but this is her before bed tonight
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:21 PM

Does it bother you she wears those boxers to sleep? Could you pick her up some to sleep in at home?

Quoting Anonymous:

she has a couple blankets and lovies that are lined in it but she doesnt want them

Quoting Anonymous:

The_Doodle
by Platinum Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:24 PM

Something that may have his smell on it would be comforting to her. My daughter does the same thing, but with my bathrobe. Ever since she was very small, if she gets upset and inconsolable, I will wrap her up in the robe (even if I'm wearing it) and she immediately calms down. It was a wonderful trick for when she was teething.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN