Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Pro-Life or Pro-Choice... what's your opinion on...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies

China's one-child policy? 

China isn't either direction; they forcibly make a woman get an abortion if she gets pregnant with a second child, that is if she is unable to pay the $40,000 fine.

Btw, my facts aren't completely clear, I do not know if this is implemented throughout all of China, or just certain parts?

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KairisMama
by Emerald Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:43 PM
I think its SICK.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:43 PM
3 moms liked this
Well I don't agree with it but I do understand that they need to do something to help with population control.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dominosmommy
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:46 PM

Meh. Its China. They are doing it for a good reason. Lets face it, they have a lot of people over there and not enough resources. They have to do something to control the population. They used to just kill the girls. I think this option is 10x better.

wyldebtrfly
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:47 PM
1 mom liked this

I'd like to see facts first, because i've heard so many different things that go on. 

I am PRO CHOICE. If they are in fact forcing women to have abortions that would be against my belief. No one has a right to force a woman to have or not to have an abortion. 

HaloWithHorns78
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:49 PM
I think it's crazy. Thank God America isn't like that.

YET
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:50 PM

Can you imagine that being implemented here? Population control isn't a bad idea...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:50 PM

Not cool.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:51 PM

My honest opinion about helping with the population control, would be after they give birth to the first child to automatically give them a hysterectomy or tie their tubes.  This would be a lot better than killing the babies, who's fault is not theirs for their parents' failed use of contraceptive.  I read an article about a woman who could not come up with the full $40,000, was jailed and her 7 month old fetus was forcibly removed from her and killed.  An age where a baby could easily live - that's not population control, that's murder.

Quoting Roxygurl:

Well I don't agree with it but I do understand that they need to do something to help with population control.

randi1978
by Murdoc's Mistress on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:52 PM

I can't really agree with it, but I also understand that it is a different country held by a different set of rules.  It's not like their citizens are unaware of this policy.  And as another said, given how many people are there and the fact that they just don't have the resources available, the government has to do what it has to do to.

I think, but don't quote me on this, that it's mainly in the cities where the law is strictly enforced.  Those out in the countryside I think are exempt or the rule isn't as enforced.

But I might be getting shit mixed up with other countries and laws.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:53 PM

Maybe they should resort to killing the elders at a certain age, at least they have lived their life.  Just give them a shot and let them go to sleep peacefully.

Quoting Dominosmommy:

Meh. Its China. They are doing it for a good reason. Lets face it, they have a lot of people over there and not enough resources. They have to do something to control the population. They used to just kill the girls. I think this option is 10x better.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)