Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

it upsets me when

Posted by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:03 PM
  • 77 Replies
People tell me I should just bottle feed because I'm not going to be able to breastfeed because I'm diabetic. It really hurts. I'm going to try. It what I want to do and I know it won't be easy but I want to do what I think is best for my baby. Yesterday I was told that I need to stock up on formula and diapers because baby going to be here soon and I'm said I was going to exclusively breast feed my baby. My mil looked and me and said you won't be able to do that all the time so get formuls. My sil says oh your not going to be able to do it because of your diabetes. It just really upsets me that they are so against how I want to feed my child. Ugh
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:04 PM
1 mom liked this

Do what you feel is best! You can do it!

poeticrose09
by Silver Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:07 PM
Thank you. I'm going to try. I know its possible but no one in his family was breastfed. I'm so thankful that dh is for it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Do what you feel is best! You can do it!

mommy425906
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:09 PM
1 mom liked this

Your baby, your body, your choice! Try your best and do what is right for your family. I commend your determination despite the discouragement. :-)

SRUsarahSC
by Platinum Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:11 PM

eh everyone was not too optimistic for me to succeed at nursing either and I didn't have health problems....we did wind up supplementing sometimes with formula ( I wound up having surgery when DD was 10 weeks old...while I pumped, I always felt like I was "behind", we weaned at 1 year). My mom and MIL didn't nurse. My MIL was more open to it since her daughter had had a son the year prior and nursed.  Smile pretty at them, say "thanks for the input" and do your thing!

LovelyMommy24
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:11 PM

I feel, when you, because, could you please.. 

mommy_me
by ~The Three B's~ on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:12 PM
I think they are more worried about the child having an adequate food supply not the method of feeding
MommyAddie
by Gold Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:14 PM
My drs told me I wouldn't be able to breastfeed because I have pcos. I did have to supplement with formula the first two weeks, but after that we ebf'd just fine. Still are.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:15 PM
I'm diabetic. I breastfed for 3 months. After that my milk supply just dropped,

Good luck!
locaporbebe
by Gold Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:15 PM

I am uneducated in breastfeeding and diabetes, why are they telling you that you can't do it? What dos your DR say?

RigPrincess85
by Silver Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:17 PM
This :) good luck Hun :)

Quoting mommy425906:

Your baby, your body, your choice! Try your best and do what is right for your family. I commend your determination despite the discouragement. :-)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)