Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm a horrible wife :(

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies
My husband got hurt at work 3 years ago (three years ago last week, to be exact) since then he's been through multiple painful procedures, some exploratory, some ment to help, because of insurance issues, he was unable to get the surgery he required & after a battle to get it, the Dr's said it was too late. We went through a lengthy court battle & are still fighting addiction because of these injuries. I know he's in pain. But I'm over it. I want my husband back, the one who could, or would wrestle with the kids.. or take put the garbage, anything other than this creature who sits on the couch all day, doing nothing. Unless it's something he wants to do (example: he's spent all day limping around, but when a friend called and asked him to go to the gun range, he could do that, now he's back to bumming around on the sofa, grunting & cringing when he moves at all)

I'm seriously starting to resent it. I can't stand to be around him. It's always something.. his back hurts, his shoulder hurts, his leg's numb, his tailbone's numb again, he's sooooo tired because the pain kept him up all night.

I know it makes me awful, but I'm going crazy & I just needed to get it out.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sthflachk
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:22 PM
Wow. That sucks. Have you talked to him?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CamMa
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:24 PM
May I ask what happened to him? I'd be upset, too, if he could so something physical with his friends and not at least attempt to help you around the house or play with his kids. I hope things get better!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ecerka
by Platinum Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:24 PM
It sounds like he uses his pain as an excuse to get outoof family things but does what he wants. I'd tell him to get his ass I'm physical therapy.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sarah824
by Platinum Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:24 PM

Has he seen anyone about possible depression?

Tunabucket
by Bronze Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:25 PM

Sorry? I know it must be hard, but I don't think I could blame the guy for going out with a friend.  He probably needs a distraction for his own sanity. Sitting at home all day probably just makes his pain more noticable and him more likely to complain.

NoahandEliza
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:25 PM
I gotta say, good for you for admitting it. Dh got hurt at work, nothing major, but he drove me insane after 3 weeks. I can't imagine years of it. I'm not one to immediately suggest therapy, but I'm thinking that's the best bet for you both.
spunky946
by Ruby Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:27 PM

Maybe some therapy would help.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:27 PM
Yes, but he just sigh's at me like I'm being heartless.

Quoting sthflachk:

Wow. That sucks. Have you talked to him?
nelliesmommy
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:29 PM
You are not a horrible wife.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:29 PM
I seriously wish we could afford it, but the $ just isn't there.

Quoting NoahandEliza:

I gotta say, good for you for admitting it. Dh got hurt at work, nothing major, but he drove me insane after 3 weeks. I can't imagine years of it. I'm not one to immediately suggest therapy, but I'm thinking that's the best bet for you both.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)