Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tech savy Mommys PLEASE help

Posted by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:58 PM
  • 10 Replies

I was given a dvd of pics shown at my grandmas funeral that I was unable to attend. I want to take some of the individual pics off the dvd and save them too my pc. I have tried media player, VLC, and dvd x. All of them will only play the intro and not give me an option to play the rest of the dvd. What program will? Is there another way to get them off?

by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AllofFive19
by Ruby Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:00 PM

Nero showtime might. 

dandylynes
by Platinum Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:06 PM
1 mom liked this

I would try just opening it with Windows Explorer (right click the DVD and choose Explore) to see if the pictures are there in JPG format.  If they are you can just copy them to your C drive and do whatever you want with them.

reaandiziesmama
by Platinum Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:22 PM

When I hit explore it gives me audiots and videots and no matter what I click on no option to open them in Explorer

Quoting dandylynes:

I would try just opening it with Windows Explorer (right click the DVD and choose Explore) to see if the pictures are there in JPG format.  If they are you can just copy them to your C drive and do whatever you want with them.

reaandiziesmama
by Platinum Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:23 PM

Downloaded but gave me the same thing. Thanks though.

Quoting AllofFive19:

Nero showtime might. 

momtolittleg
by Platinum Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:24 PM

It was burned to the disc as an ISO file (image) so it could be played on a regular DVD player.  You  have to copy the entire thing- you won't be able to save individual pics.

Hannahluvsdogs
by Ruby Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:25 PM

Handbrake

AtillaTheHun
by facta, non verba on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:31 PM

It´s in dvd format, you cannot just open it and copy and paste the pics. It should work in a regular DVD player to watch, but for the individual pictures you would have to ask for a data cd. 

reaandiziesmama
by Platinum Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:39 PM

It works on the dvd. Guess I will have to pause it and take pics of the tv.

OT I LOVE you avi. Daryl is amazing and every week I love him just a bit more.

Quoting AtillaTheHun:

It´s in dvd format, you cannot just open it and copy and paste the pics. It should work in a regular DVD player to watch, but for the individual pictures you would have to ask for a data cd. 

AtillaTheHun
by facta, non verba on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:49 PM

Or you can ask the photographer to burn the photos on a data cd. From there you can transfer the photos to your computer. 

Oh, he is awesome!! Getting ready to watch the next episode :) 

Quoting reaandiziesmama:

It works on the dvd. Guess I will have to pause it and take pics of the tv.

OT I LOVE you avi. Daryl is amazing and every week I love him just a bit more.

Quoting AtillaTheHun:

reaandiziesmama
by Platinum Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:50 PM

Just saw it. Man I love him. Glen was my favorite till this season when I really started to see how amazing Daryl is. The whole "little asskicker" thing got me.

Quoting reaandiziesmama:

I was given a dvd of pics shown at my grandmas funeral that I was unable to attend. I want to take some of the individual pics off the dvd and save them too my pc. I have tried media player, VLC, and dvd x. All of them will only play the intro and not give me an option to play the rest of the dvd. What program will? Is there another way to get them off?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured