Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I am banished to the couch :(

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Basically, I snore.  My dh has an interview tomorrow morning so he has a very important day and needs his sleep.  He asked and I agree, he really needs his rest tonight and he doesn't sleep well on the couch. Problem is, neither do I.  This job would give him a big raise.  I've tried breathe right strips and throat spray but nothing helps.  I'm just bummed I have to sleep on the couch. :(  Any of you ladies snore and how do you deal with it?

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:58 PM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:10 PM

After 36 years of marriage, we don't sleep in the same room! I found out the Brits who had money to do adjoining master rooms (AND nursery wing with a nanny) had the BEST idea ever!

I just sleep MUCH much much much better alone.  He moves a lot in his sleep and  I am a pillow trasher besides tossing and turning a lot.. so when I would finally almost doze off- HIS moving around would bother me- he would complain about MY "thrashing about" too...

He adores the bloody TV on all night! He would complain because I like the room quite cold and I hate the TV on when I want to just go to sleep

When the kids finally all left- he got a room, to himself so did I. PEACE and lovely sleep now!!!!!

Lydlou02
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:11 PM
Good luck with the job
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
myperfect4inok
by Gold Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:12 PM
Haha. So I'm not the only one.
I hear his alarm go off and I'm like Thank God...its about damn time.
He goes to work between 2 and 5 but mainly 2.

Quoting mommybug77:

Quoting myperfect4inok:

I don't snore.

My husband does.

I sleep on the couch more often than not until he goes to work.

Thank God he goes to work at 2 in the morning. LOL

this is our house except he gets up at 3 :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mariesmama
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:14 PM

i elbow my hubby till he rolls over he cant sleep well at nights so i dont even care he snores

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:15 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Are you overweight?

yeah, unfortunately.  I need to lose about 50lbs.  I'm working really hard on it. I've replaced one meal a day with a sugar free protein fruit smoothie, and have a salad with a protein every day for lunch or dinner. I'm not morbidly obese or anything, but I do have my work cut out for me. I was skinny till I had kids!  I can thank my genetics though for making it harder. both my parents are overweight.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:16 PM

Quoting Lydlou02:

Good luck with the job

thanks!

sweetieiv
by Ruby Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:16 PM
Aww thats nice of.you. Im a snorer too and it sucks. I am pregnant and now I snore even more. Nothing helps I have tried it all the only thing that kinda works is vicks. I just rub some around my nose and I can breath better. I really hope he gets the job.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
-_-
by Ruby Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:16 PM
Try afrin.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:17 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

After 36 years of marriage, we don't sleep in the same room! I found out the Brits who had money to do adjoining master rooms (AND nursery wing with a nanny) had the BEST idea ever!

I just sleep MUCH much much much better alone.  He moves a lot in his sleep and  I am a pillow trasher besides tossing and turning a lot.. so when I would finally almost doze off- HIS moving around would bother me- he would complain about MY "thrashing about" too...

He adores the bloody TV on all night! He would complain because I like the room quite cold and I hate the TV on when I want to just go to sleep

When the kids finally all left- he got a room, to himself so did I. PEACE and lovely sleep now!!!!!

hahaha good for you!

smalltownmom03
by Platinum Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:17 PM
My dh snores loudly. If he falls asleep before me i sleep on the couch. But his snoring is nothing compared to my screaming. I don't even like to sleep at other people's houses because im afraid they would think badly of dh if i start screaming.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN