Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I am banished to the couch :(

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Basically, I snore.  My dh has an interview tomorrow morning so he has a very important day and needs his sleep.  He asked and I agree, he really needs his rest tonight and he doesn't sleep well on the couch. Problem is, neither do I.  This job would give him a big raise.  I've tried breathe right strips and throat spray but nothing helps.  I'm just bummed I have to sleep on the couch. :(  Any of you ladies snore and how do you deal with it?

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:58 PM
Replies (31-40):
Mrs.Bryant1201
by Platinum Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:20 PM

I snored really bad when i was over weight. Dh also snored bad before he found out he was a diabetic. The snoring was gone when we lost the "baggage."

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Are you overweight?

yeah, unfortunately.  I need to lose about 50lbs.  I'm working really hard on it. I've replaced one meal a day with a sugar free protein fruit smoothie, and have a salad with a protein every day for lunch or dinner. I'm not morbidly obese or anything, but I do have my work cut out for me. I was skinny till I had kids!  I can thank my genetics though for making it harder. both my parents are overweight.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:21 PM
I was overweight and snored. Lost 47 lbs and stopped snoring. Good luck!!! :)

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Are you overweight?

yeah, unfortunately.  I need to lose about 50lbs.  I'm working really hard on it. I've replaced one meal a day with a sugar free protein fruit smoothie, and have a salad with a protein every day for lunch or dinner. I'm not morbidly obese or anything, but I do have my work cut out for me. I was skinny till I had kids!  I can thank my genetics though for making it harder. both my parents are overweight.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:21 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Gross. Id be embaressed that my snoring keeps me from sleeping with my husband.

I AM embarassed and feel bad about it.  thanks a lot.

Grumpylilpixy
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:21 PM

O I sleep on the couch because I like to. It sometimes more comfortable them fighting spider man in my bed. ( Spiderman is hubby is has chicken legs and spreads them all over the bed).

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:22 PM
Have you ever been tested for sleep apnea?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:22 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

I was overweight and snored. Lost 47 lbs and stopped snoring. Good luck!!! :)

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Are you overweight?

thank you!  this snoring problem has made me more determined and actually made me much more self disciplined.  

wrensong
by Pagan Mother on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:22 PM

You might need to be checked for sleep apnea. My husband used to snore so bad it kept me up all night. He had a sleep study done and he has apnea. He is now on a CPAP machine nad does not snore at all

This is serious because apnea can be deadly

mamaxkitty
by Gold Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:23 PM

he snores and i hate it. i just try my best to sleep through it by kicking him:P lol

Melissa_4
by Ruby Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:23 PM
If you are snoring all the time and not pregnant, you need to talk to your doctor. You may have sleep apnea. Are you overweight? Many overweight people have a problem with sleep apnea and snoring.
AubreeGrace17
by Platinum Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:24 PM
Bump...I don't snore.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)