Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am banished to the couch :(

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Basically, I snore.  My dh has an interview tomorrow morning so he has a very important day and needs his sleep.  He asked and I agree, he really needs his rest tonight and he doesn't sleep well on the couch. Problem is, neither do I.  This job would give him a big raise.  I've tried breathe right strips and throat spray but nothing helps.  I'm just bummed I have to sleep on the couch. :(  Any of you ladies snore and how do you deal with it?

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:58 PM
Replies (41-48):
Fields456
by Ruby Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:24 PM
We both snore sometimes but bring kicked to the couch is no big deal its super comfy and we both sleep great on it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:25 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Have you ever been tested for sleep apnea?

No. If I still snore after losing weight, I will. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:26 PM
I don't snore, but my hubby does. He sleeps in our daughters room and they sleep with me! Problem solved, everyone gets to sleep in a bed and gets a good night sleep!
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:28 PM

Quoting smalltownmom03:

My dh snores loudly. If he falls asleep before me i sleep on the couch. But his snoring is nothing compared to my screaming. I don't even like to sleep at other people's houses because im afraid they would think badly of dh if i start screaming.

You scream in your sleep? I've never heard of that.

smalltownmom03
by Platinum Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:34 PM
Yes i scream in my sleep. I have always talked in my sleep, like full conversations. Now i scream. Like you would think dh was trying to hurt me. I have had people come in and check on me because they thought something was wrong. It probably comes from some of the things that i experienced as a child.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting smalltownmom03:

My dh snores loudly. If he falls asleep before me i sleep on the couch. But his snoring is nothing compared to my screaming. I don't even like to sleep at other people's houses because im afraid they would think badly of dh if i start screaming.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:29 AM

Quoting smalltownmom03:

Yes i scream in my sleep. I have always talked in my sleep, like full conversations. Now i scream. Like you would think dh was trying to hurt me. I have had people come in and check on me because they thought something was wrong. It probably comes from some of the things that i experienced as a child.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting smalltownmom03:

weird. I'm sorry your childhood affected you that badly. 

nicki1018
by Special Sauce on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:32 AM
Gah yes I snore bad but it's only certain nights, but my husband will sleep on the couch or he'll wake me up all night till I stop lol.
smalltownmom03
by Platinum Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:18 AM
Its ok. It only affects my sleep. I don't let it affect my day to day life. I have worked through most of my issues.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting smalltownmom03:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting smalltownmom03:

weird. I'm sorry your childhood affected you that badly. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured