Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

my heart is breaking right now!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 22 Replies
So dh was supposed to deploy not that long ago but he got cut from the detachment. We thought, awesome this is great! My oldest (hes 7) knew that daddy was supposed to deploy but we told him daddy got a call and hes going to stay. Well recently ds has been acting out on school. Hes a straight A student but the teacher said hes been calling out and doing things for attention. Dh, myself and ds had a meeting with his teacher and ds began to cry and say that he loves his daddy and doesn't want him to go away again. Dh got teary eyed and told him, "we spoke about this. Daddy goes away but daddy will always call you and we talk on the computer. We need soldiers, but daddy isnt leaving remember? " ds said he understood.. that he is proud of his father and loves him..... then friday the worst happened. Dh got a call that hes being deployed with a different unit. How can i break my sons heart the same week he just cried about him leaving?!?!? This is going to suck!
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Grumpylilpixy
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:08 PM
2 moms liked this

The many faces of the military.. Maybe look for other kiddo's his age who are going through the same thing and throw togethers.

That way he will know he isn't the only one that is suffering and hurting that daddy is gone.. ((((((((((hugs)))))))))

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:13 PM
Thanks. This isnt ds first deployment but this is the longest dh has EVER been home in 10byrs. Dh has been home over a yr and i guess ds got used to it. I have an amazing support system with the frg..it's just really going to suck.

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

The many faces of the military.. Maybe look for other kiddo's his age who are going through the same thing and throw togethers.

That way he will know he isn't the only one that is suffering and hurting that daddy is gone.. ((((((((((hugs)))))))))

Grumpylilpixy
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:16 PM

I have been through it myself and that is why I decided I wouldn't date men in the military. It just isn't a life I want to live. I know it sucks hun, but hubby needs you to be strong, as I am sure you know.

Quoting Anonymous:

Thanks. This isnt ds first deployment but this is the longest dh has EVER been home in 10byrs. Dh has been home over a yr and i guess ds got used to it. I have an amazing support system with the frg..it's just really going to suck.

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

I am a friend, a wife,a daughter but the best title I have by far is Mother .

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:26 PM
1 mom liked this
Yea. When i met dh he was already in the service. We dated for eight months before he deployed. I stood by his side handled all of his financial and personal stuff back home and faithful so he knew i was the one. I swore i would never marry a guy in the service, but he's truly the best man ive ever known. So i deal with the blows as they come. Ds loves his dad so much and he was used to the trainings and deployments..but once dh was home for a while i knew ds would have separation issues. Dh is more sad. Dh has missed the birth of all of his children except our youngest who is one. He was here for his first steps, first time he spoke and his first birthday. Dh has gone to every school function my oldest has had in the last yr. They have guys night every Saturday where dh and ds go to the park or movies, grab a bite to eat and a hair cut. They drive around for about an hr and a half singing songs just the two of them. Dh was crying in the bathroom yesterday. My heart is breaking. This one is going to be the worst.

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

I have been through it myself and that is why I decided I wouldn't date men in the military. It just isn't a life I want to live. I know it sucks hun, but hubby needs you to be strong, as I am sure you know.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

jeannie39
by Silver Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:27 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh momma,this breaks my heart also and I don't even know you or your son. I wish I could snap my fingers and give the perfect answer. Sadly, I can't. I wouldn't know how to handle this situation. All I can suggest is praying and put it in Gods hands. If you believe, He will answer your prayers.

Personally, I would set him down and just tell him the truth, telling him that its ok to cry. Maybe you and your dh can hold him and cry with him. Let him see you both being sad but dealing with it together. It is so sad for a child to have to see how unfair life can be at such a young age. You are so right, It really does suck. I wish you the best of luck and I would like to thank you and you dh for the protection he gives this country and for your sacrifice, as his wife and rock. Also, please tell your son how proud I am of his daddy. He is a real hero and that he(your son), is so brave for for looking after the family while his daddy is gone. God bless you and your family.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:30 PM
1 mom liked this
You seriously just made me cry! Thank you so much.

Quoting jeannie39:

Oh momma,this breaks my heart also and I don't even know you or your son. I wish I could snap my fingers and give the perfect answer. Sadly, I can't. I wouldn't know how to handle this situation. All I can suggest is praying and put it in Gods hands. If you believe, He will answer your prayers.

Personally, I would set him down and just tell him the truth, telling him that its ok to cry. Maybe you and your dh can hold him and cry with him. Let him see you both being sad but dealing with it together. It is so sad for a child to have to see how unfair life can be at such a young age. You are so right, It really does suck. I wish you the best of luck and I would like to thank you and you dh for the protection he gives this country and for your sacrifice, as his wife and rock. Also, please tell your son how proud I am of his daddy. He is a real hero and that he(your son), is so brave for for looking after the family while his daddy is gone. God bless you and your family.

DayDreamer1201
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:31 PM

First: THANK YOU to your DH. 

Second: THANK YOU for standing behind your husband and giving him the love and support he needs... 

Third: Your son will understand. Make sure he knows that DH is protecting our country and that daddy will come home. 

DayDreamer1201
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Coming from a military family, you made me cry.... 

Quoting jeannie39:

My Grandmother is a SURVIVOR!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:35 PM
****hugs**** thank you.

Quoting DayDreamer1201:

Second: THANK YOU for standing behind your husband and giving him the love and support he needs... 

Third: Your son will understand. Make sure he knows that DH is protecting our country and that daddy will come home. 

DayDreamer1201
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:43 PM

Big hugs mama. 

My sister goes through the same thing when BIL is deployed. It breaks my heart to see my niece5 and nephew3 go through that, but it gets better!!! 

You are in my thoughts

Quoting Anonymous:

****hugs**** thank you.

Quoting DayDreamer1201:

My Grandmother is a SURVIVOR!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)