Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

help me stop yelling at my kids

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies

I have no patience with my kids. I get angry very easily. That's the way my mother was as well and i want to stop the cycle i can already see it in my 4 year old dd!

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:01 AM

bump

Lady_In_Ink
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:02 AM
Wish I could help. I am a yeller too. So here is a bump.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:02 AM
Mothe?
HousewifeNina
by Platinum Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:03 AM
Put a thick rubberband around your wrist. Everytime you yell, pop it. It will help. Behavior modification is strong.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:07 AM

idk how some of it got cut off....

Quoting Anonymous:

Mothe?

curlycupcake
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:07 AM
1 mom liked this
It's hard. I lose my temper too. I find that getting a break from being mom helps a lot. Drop them off at daycare or with a grandparent or whoever you can rely on and take a few hours a week to yourself. Today I'm dropping my kids at daycare & going grocery shopping. It's just a little time away to breathe & actually miss them. I also find that keeping them busy with art & science projects really helps too. Good luck. They test limits & patience all the time. We have to try our best to set the right example for them.
Once I felt I was getting out of control with the yelling, so for two weeks anytime I felt like shouting I knelt down & whispered in their ear. It was very effective for all of us. And I still do it when my temper is running high.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:07 AM

hmm i could try this!

Quoting HousewifeNina:

Put a thick rubberband around your wrist. Everytime you yell, pop it. It will help. Behavior modification is strong.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:10 AM

i dont have the self control to stop it 90% of the time and whats crazy is sometimes it can be as little as dd talking for no reason then me asking her to ok go play in your room and her not listening....

Quoting curlycupcake:

It's hard. I lose my temper too. I find that getting a break from being mom helps a lot. Drop them off at daycare or with a grandparent or whoever you can rely on and take a few hours a week to yourself. Today I'm dropping my kids at daycare & going grocery shopping. It's just a little time away to breathe & actually miss them. I also find that keeping them busy with art & science projects really helps too. Good luck. They test limits & patience all the time. We have to try our best to set the right example for them.
Once I felt I was getting out of control with the yelling, so for two weeks anytime I felt like shouting I knelt down & whispered in their ear. It was very effective for all of us. And I still do it when my temper is running high.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)