Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is it ME or

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:22 AM
  • 198 Replies
3 moms liked this

does anyone else find it disgusting that Target and Walmart want to start the Black Friday Sales on Thanksgiving Day instead of Friday? Target has always been closed on Thanksgiving and Walmart would at least close by 2pm!!

by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
thetrollcat
by Meow on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:23 AM
1 mom liked this

Im surprised this is new to you? This has been going on for a long time now....

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:24 AM
1 mom liked this
I find it very disgusting
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:25 AM
No they just announced that they are doing it different this year. Their black thursday starts at 8. This is the first yr they both are doing it.

Quoting thetrollcat:

pce68
by Patti on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:25 AM

I don't know when WalMart closed on Thanksgiving. They have been open regular hours on Thanksgiving for years.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:27 AM
4 moms liked this
Lmao. If thats disgusting to you then I don't want to know what you think about actual serious issues like murder. If you don't like it don't go shopping. Simple as that.
thetrollcat
by Meow on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:28 AM
2 moms liked this

Im sorry but a lot of stores were open on THURSDAY last year, target, shopko, wal mart is open all the time, many stores were opening about 9pm 10pm on THURSDAY including toys r us. Some opened at midnight like Kohls and other department stores. MOST stores open THURSDAY night or midnight THurs/Fri. Very few wait until Friday.

Quoting Anonymous:

No they just announced that they are doing it different this year. Their black thursday starts at 8. This is the first yr they both are doing it.

Quoting thetrollcat:

~~~~~         =^..^=        ~~~~~
I'm not the cat lady type. I'm more like an actual cat. I want affection when I want it and on my own terms. The rest of the time I want to claw out your eyes and piss in your shoes.  

*marking the 599968yth post/reply being mean, evil, horrible, which makes me worse than anonymous*

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:29 AM
Yes open, but didn't have the sales till midnight, and closed at two

Quoting thetrollcat:

Im sorry but a lot of stores were open on THURSDAY last year, target, shopko, wal mart is open all the time, many stores were opening about 9pm 10pm on THURSDAY including toys r us. Some opened at midnight like Kohls and other department stores. MOST stores open THURSDAY night or midnight THurs/Fri. Very few wait until Friday.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting thetrollcat:

lostmom138
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:30 AM
1 mom liked this

My son onced worked for walmart and they did in fact close early on Thanksgiving day! They would reopen early friday morning. 

Quoting pce68:

I don't know when WalMart closed on Thanksgiving. They have been open regular hours on Thanksgiving for years.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:31 AM
http://m.norwichbulletin.com/norwich/pm_29425/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=ViWt0myg

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes open, but didn't have the sales till midnight, and closed at two

Quoting thetrollcat:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting thetrollcat:

Mbpeaceful12
by Bronze Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:31 AM
3 moms liked this

I feel horribly for the employees. Yes, they get (or should get) holiday pay, but they're missing out on a special day with their families.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)