Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Fat kids...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies
1 mom liked this

I totally judge and blame the parents when I see a fat child. It's a horrible thing to do to a child- it puts so much added stress on their bodies, it effects their health, it effects their self confidence, it effects how other children look at them. 

Figure out how to change the lifestyle you lead to make a better change for your child, before it becomes something that effects them for life. 

For the record, I consider 'fat' to be a child whose belly is rounded and large enough that it presses against shirts and hangover the waste of their pants. If your child is is fat, you need to figure out why, and do what you can to fix it. 

If it's a medical issue, it is still your responsibility to figure out what it is, and what needs to be done to help the child.

Since I am sure people will ask, I have 3 kids. My 17 year old is 5'1" and weighs 105, and wears a size 5 in juniors. My 14yo is 5'4" and weighs 106, and wears an adult x-small in adults, and size 14 in kids pants (and they hang off of him). My 10yo is 4'9" and weighs 75 pounds, and wears a 10 in kids clothing. 

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 19, 2012 at 2:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Nov. 19, 2012 at 2:21 AM

I totally judge everyone and as long as I don't hear your judgements, you're welcome to them and you get to live :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:14 PM

Bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:14 PM

skinny kids, even kids with chicken pox...

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:15 PM
All of these little girls out where I live are big as hell. It makes no sense but Im sure they get it from their fat Mommas.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:16 PM

Agree.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:16 PM
I agree a million percent.
xXxLillithxXx
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:16 PM

Yeah I agree. My husband was a fat kid and has been his whole life. We are losing weigh together and he is down 27 lbs in a little over a month. We have a long way to go but we don't want our kids being heavy. It really sucks to be chubby as a kid not only for health reasons but emotional as well.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:18 PM
I completely agree. It's a huge parenting FAIL
boldrumble
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:18 PM
What i dont get are thin parents with fat kids...somehow that is worse because YOU obviously are good at being healthy....so why are you letting your kid down?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
luvcloudydays
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:21 PM
We went to Chuck-e-cheese yesterday to celebrate my husbands homecoming. I saw a little girl (6-7) enter, wearing a really pretty princess dress, but she was obese. It would have been a lot prettier had she not been so big to the point where the dress looked like it was about to rip. It's very sad, and she will definitely blame her parents as she gets older.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)