Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

holiday food drives

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I'm about to start one for people who don't get foodstamps. I think its terrible that to get help one must be of the income level to get welfare. So many families are struggling who make just above the help zone. For example at my kids school, they give backpacks full of food to those families who get foodstamps or tnaf. If you are not on foodstamps or tnaf you don't qualify for the food even if you may need it.

Would you donate to a organization who only helped income levels slightly higher than welfare cutoff limits?

I'm seriously considering starting a charity for this purpose. I don't know where I would even start.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:54 AM
Replies (91-94):
Queen_Bree
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 7:29 AM

I rarely donate to food drives because most people who get foodstamps get more than enough to feed their families. If theree was one just for struggling  working families I would donate and volunteer to hand it out... 

cupomeow
by Gold Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 7:56 AM

That group is getting bigger. The middle group that is too 'rich' for food stamps and too poor for food. So many companies refuse to pay their workers a living wage. So someone who has a job that does not pay enough does not get help, while someone who does not have a job (and is not trying to get one) does get help.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 16 on Nov. 20, 2012 at 7:57 AM

probably the only way i'd help out people in need, I didn't know..... cm ruined that!  to many worthless, lazy ones out there....

notjstasocermom
by Emerald Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:35 AM

yes I would and we donate when our church has food drives. matter of fact my two older kids are doing a sleepout tomorrow night to raise food and money for the homeless and shelters.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)