Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Who is taking over for hostess ???

Posted by   + Show Post
We know all our snack cakes are going away but don't u think someone else will take over and make them?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:12 AM
Replies (31-40):
0oSamanthaKayo0
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:43 AM
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bimbo_Bakeries
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:44 AM
I've always preferred little debbie.

Quoting shivasgirl:

Walmart's Great Value generic Twinkies and Ding Dongs are better than Hostess and are not made with beef fat

0oSamanthaKayo0
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:45 AM
I just posted the wiki page, it has a list of the brands they own. DH works for bimbo bakeries in PA, is the only reason I know anything lol. I don't know much about monopolies and business but they do own a good chunk of the market.... i think they could buy the recipes but not the name?

Quoting Anonymous:

huh.  you learn something new every day!

Quoting 0oSamanthaKayo0:

Bimbo own entennmans...

Quoting Anonymous:

there are enough other competitors than bimbo that there's really no danger of a monopoly.  tastee kakes, little debbie, entemanns.  truly, when I think of Bimbo, I start hearing La Cucaracha in my head.

Quoting 0oSamanthaKayo0:

Most likely. Bimbo Bakeries USA, if it doesn't give them a monopoly. Google them, they own most of that market already....
People are going crazy it isn't the first time Hostess has gone under.

Quoting Anonymous:

I heard this am that Groupa Bimbo is buying the company. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
4kidsmommy
by Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:50 AM

Just watched the news this morning....it maybe going to a company in Mexico. Isn't that nice! 

0oSamanthaKayo0
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:57 AM
It was originally a mexican company. They branched here. They have factories here. Employing americans.

Quoting 4kidsmommy:

Just watched the news this morning....it maybe going to a company in Mexico. Isn't that nice! 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:59 AM

The lizard people are taking over,  they want people nice and fat for eating when they finally take over!

4kidsmommy
by Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:01 AM

Quoting 0oSamanthaKayo0:

It was originally a mexican company. They branched here. They have factories here. Employing americans.

Quoting 4kidsmommy:

Please don't think that I am referring this to being racial, I never even thought of them as that. I was repeating what the news had said!

0oSamanthaKayo0
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:18 AM
No i didn't take it like that. It looked like you thought they were outsourcing to Mexico, maybe I read it wrong.

Quoting 4kidsmommy:

Quoting 0oSamanthaKayo0:

Quoting 4kidsmommy:

Please don't think that I am referring this to being racial, I never even thought of them as that. I was repeating what the news had said!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cutiepie3738
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:20 AM

I saw a lot of hostess items at wal mart labeled great value they had twinkies, ding dongs etc. so maybe walmart will take over

4kidsmommy
by Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:24 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting 0oSamanthaKayo0:

No i didn't take it like that. It looked like you thought they were outsourcing to Mexico, maybe I read it wrong.

Quoting 4kidsmommy:

Quoting 0oSamanthaKayo0:

Quoting 4kidsmommy:

I can see that you read it the other way. Sometimes I may come off as rude. Lol. But I'm not. I think that it would be kinda great to keep them around instead of someone literally paying 3 million dollars for 4 boxes of twinkies. Now that is really really stupid.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN