Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Who is taking over for hostess ???

Posted by   + Show Post
We know all our snack cakes are going away but don't u think someone else will take over and make them?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:12 AM
Replies (41-50):
loisl25
by Platinum Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:26 AM

This is exactly what I've been saying, too. Anything that there is a market for, SOMEONE is going to be selling.

0oSamanthaKayo0
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:30 AM
I think they are gross anyways. But do enjoy a hoho or cherry pie from them occasionally :-( lol but i can bake from scratch pretty well. I will find my own recipe :-)

Quoting 4kidsmommy:

Quoting 0oSamanthaKayo0:

No i didn't take it like that. It looked like you thought they were outsourcing to Mexico, maybe I read it wrong.

Quoting 4kidsmommy:

Quoting 0oSamanthaKayo0:

It was originally a mexican company. They branched here. They have factories here. Employing americans.

Quoting 4kidsmommy:

Just watched the news this morning....it maybe going to a company in Mexico. Isn't that nice! 

Please don't think that I am referring this to being racial, I never even thought of them as that. I was repeating what the news had said!

I can see that you read it the other way. Sometimes I may come off as rude. Lol. But I'm not. I think that it would be kinda great to keep them around instead of someone literally paying 3 million dollars for 4 boxes of twinkies. Now that is really really stupid.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angelachristine
by Platinum Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:40 AM

that's what i heard too. there may be a chance that one or more of their products might not find buyers but pretty sure twinkies and the other really big snacks will still be around being produced by someone.

Quoting Amanda52007:

Not true.

They are doing a liquidation sale, which means they will be selling their recipes and trademarks to the highest bidders for each snack cake.

Someone will buy it, take over, and produce the snacks. They just may be split up into different companies.

Quoting Sandy418:

no one. Hostess is closing down. Twinkies are their trade mark. Also no more wonder bread or ho ho's  or anything else they make.

Lizardannie1966
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:41 AM

This. They already own part of Sara Lee, too.

Quoting Anonymous:

I heard this am that Groupa Bimbo is buying the company. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:56 AM
Bimbo won't be buying anything, I just looked it up.
othermom
by Ruby Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:12 AM

I hope some one does

0oSamanthaKayo0
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:13 AM
Why?

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:13 AM

Walmart.....lol

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:26 AM

I'm sure someone will buy

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:27 AM
Hostess CEO says do to antitrust, and it's a misconception. Also, Bimbo would have to sell off some of the SaraLee products.

Quoting 0oSamanthaKayo0:

Why?

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN