Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Who is taking over for hostess ???

Posted by   + Show Post
We know all our snack cakes are going away but don't u think someone else will take over and make them?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:12 AM
Replies (51-60):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:30 AM
I love their mini muffins and brownies!! I hope someone buys those so I can have them!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:33 AM

I hope the strikers feel like Bimbos.

0oSamanthaKayo0
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:35 AM
I found the article right after i posted. I'm not sure what that means though? I didn't think they would buy the whole thing but maybe a few recipes

Quoting Anonymous:

Hostess CEO says do to antitrust, and it's a misconception. Also, Bimbo would have to sell off some of the SaraLee products.

Quoting 0oSamanthaKayo0:

Why?

Quoting Anonymous:

Bimbo won't be buying anything, I just looked it up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:39 AM
Reptoids!

Quoting Anonymous:

The lizard people are taking over,  they want people nice and fat for eating when they finally take over!

ac10
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:46 AM

Me.

MaryanneMac
by Gold Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:04 PM

I heard a mexican company was buying them.  Don;t know the name of the company sorry.

mich.el.le
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:15 PM

The woman in the avi pic is not me, she is my inspiration.  I am a wife, a mother, and an aspiring trainer and nutritionist. I love seeing people get fit and healthy to lead the lives they are meant to live.

4noodles4me
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:35 PM
Not true. Do you know what hedge funds are?

The are selling everything off to pay the brokers who bailed them out in 2004. The brokers will then have control over all of it. But here's the catch, THEY have to sell it. They have no choice under the federal bankruptcy laws they can not sell it to operate the same business. They can sell to a cereal company, bread company any other company.. br />

Quoting Amanda52007:

Not true.

They are doing a liquidation sale, which means they will be selling their recipes and trademarks to the highest bidders for each snack cake.

Someone will buy it, take over, and produce the snacks. They just may be split up into different companies.

Quoting Sandy418:

no one. Hostess is closing down. Twinkies are their trade mark. Also no more wonder bread or ho ho's  or anything else they make.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
0oSamanthaKayo0
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:44 PM
Lmao!

Quoting mich.el.le:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Amanda52007
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:51 PM
That's pretty much what I said....

Quoting 4noodles4me:

Not true. Do you know what hedge funds are?

The are selling everything off to pay the brokers who bailed them out in 2004. The brokers will then have control over all of it. But here's the catch, THEY have to sell it. They have no choice under the federal bankruptcy laws they can not sell it to operate the same business. They can sell to a cereal company, bread company any other company.. br />

Quoting Amanda52007:

Not true.

They are doing a liquidation sale, which means they will be selling their recipes and trademarks to the highest bidders for each snack cake.

Someone will buy it, take over, and produce the snacks. They just may be split up into different companies.

Quoting Sandy418:

no one. Hostess is closing down. Twinkies are their trade mark. Also no more wonder bread or ho ho's  or anything else they make.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)